1. Yes, i do agree it's just cosmetic, but got me confused for some time since i was not sure if it was a bug in iso/yali or just cosmetic issue
2. Honestly i'm not sure then. With 2009.2 and 2011 had the same user login issue with simple passwords and had to resort to "single" login each time to fix it. However when i reinstalled 2011 again, this time with a strong passwd, i didn't had to do anything so made me conclude that it's something to do with weak passwd. It's just my conclusion, i could be wrong too
3. I was able to reproduce in the second instance as well, had to force shutdown.
4. Not sure then failed again for me
5. Agree it's alpha, not an issue, just enquired
6. Anything on wireless?
7. Will try the options that you've listed, hoping it works for me too.
8. Yes, i did think it could be FF issue with that version, since beta version that i downloaded worked.
9. This is a new issue, couldn't find shutdown/restart option in start menu or in any widget. Surprisingly all other options are available (log out, suspend, hibernate etc) and they seem to be working fine as of now.
Used CLI to shutdown and even that didn't work, so finally had to throw in the towel and did a force shutdown using power off button in the laptop.
Thanks for your inputs & suggestions, will try and update soon..