Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 16:46:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Can't install Pardus; screens of installation wizard only partly displayed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't install Pardus; screens of installation wizard only partly displayed  (Read 1674 times)
theo
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:52:32 PM »

New to the field of Linux, I want to install Pardus. Unfortunatly I can't manage because the screens of the installation wizard are not fully accassable. They parly fall out of the range of the display of my labtop (Dell Altitude X1). As a consequence, I can not click on the buttons to accept the successive steps you need to go through during the initial installation of Pardus. (the Live CD gave no problem). Can someone help me solving this problem, I realy want Pardus running on my Labtop
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »

I have just mailed it to one of the YALI developers, I hope it will be fixed soon. Thanks.
klaus54

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 14:32:06 PM »

HAve you resolved this bug??? Huh? I try to install pardus 2007.2 but i have this big screen of step 1,i have also tried to install pardus 2007.1,but on cd check the installer found a error on kde and yali...can you help me,please?
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 16:45:41 PM »

Hey Theo. Have you tried just navigating with your  <arrows> and <enter > keys through installation?..... 1. part; choose language 2.part; choose most compatible install option caracal,standard graphics, 3.part check cd, 4. part; automatic or manual partitioning  5.part; is at end of installation(grub). Bacically what im saying is that if you are ok with caracal's installer to automatically partition your hard drive then after selecting language and install option (caracal,standard graphic) just "OK, (with <ENTER> KEY), installation all the way through until it's time to enter a root password and hopfully by this time the installer has adjusted or partially adjusted your screen res. If not, and you can enter root info and user's info then continue. Remember, install first then try and configure If Pardus hasen't done so yet. 
Also. this earlier post from the roverrat might be helpful; http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php/topic,1011.msg4013.html#msg4013
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: