Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:45:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  English PardusWiki
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English PardusWiki  (Read 22448 times)
johnh3
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 17:27:44 PM »

I have looked at the English Wiki. Good work.
Its very important with a Wiki for international users.I am sure it will attract more people to test Pardus then before. Smiley
The Wiki before was to empty with information. The Swedish Pardus Wiki are ok now to.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 17:41:40 PM by johnh3 » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 17:29:03 PM »

I am working on 2 new Wiki pages:
1. How to make my USB-stick/hard disk with Fat16/32 and/or Ext3 and/or Ext4 writable.
2. How to make a Full/Incremental/Differential backup with Areca on a local IDE/SATA/USB disk and via (W)LAN to a remote Pardus 2008/2009 computer.
The first release of no 2. is ready and can be viewed and tested [here].
You are kindly invited to find my stupidities Grin and errors :'( and report them in this topic.

Additional information about Areca <(W)LAN> other Pardus 2008/2009 Computer:
It's no problem with P2009 as server but with P2008 as server I have to disable the Firewall.
Investigation continues and ....... every idea to solve this problem is welcome. Shocked
ajt007

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 19:51:42 PM »

The English PardusWiki is very sparse next to the Turkish Wiki if we could get some people to work on the English Wiki it would be great.  Grin Someone that could translate some of the Turkish Wiki would be great to get the English Wiki started, being new and all to Pardus I know some sparse info that I have learned from some of the other Distro's I have used.  Undecided So if you would like to help it would be very much pleased for new comers that I know are scared away because of scarce documentation.  If you do contribute something, Put your name under PardusWiki Contributors in PardusUsers.  Grin Maybe this will get some people motivated to work on the Wiki.  Give some feedback what you think about this and what not...

Edit: Whoops, if i said Turkish Wiki to translate to the English Wiki, I meant any Wiki Language that could get the English Wiki started. Sorry if I offended anyone. Undecided

Cheers, Tinke

Is help still needed?

AMD Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5500+ 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 380 HDD, DVDRW, Pardus-2011 i686 Pardus user since 2007
henrikh3
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 20:53:01 PM »

I think its a good idea if someone from USA or other English speaking countries could contribute to the Wiki.
Maybe it help more to try Pardus then. Smiley
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2010, 22:17:42 PM »

I am working on 2 new Wiki pages:
1. How to make my USB-stick/hard disk with Fat16/32 and/or Ext3 and/or Ext4 writable.
2. How to make a Full/Incremental/Differential backup with Areca on a local IDE/SATA/USB disk and via (W)LAN to a remote Pardus 2008/2009 computer.
The first release of no 2. is ready and can be viewed and tested [here].
You are kindly invited to find my stupidities Grin and errors :'( and report them in this topic.

The Final release of no 2. "Backup with Areca" is ready now.
And the above invitation is still valid. 
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

Added: Google Picasa Wiki page.
Report errors and questions in this topic.
Firestorrmm
it does not read

[url=http://www.facebook.mokiloky.com/]disabled dating service [/url]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

Regarding a different post. I will this topic could be interesting.

I do feel that there are big difference in the two. The english lab for my personel eyes experience has a big time different look. The size also show up.

Firestorrmm
it does not read

[url=http://www.facebook.mokiloky.com/]disabled dating service [/url]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 17:26:37 PM »

I do feel that there are big difference in the two. The english lab for my personel eyes experience has a big time different look. The size also show up.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 20:51:42 PM »

It is not clear to me what the problem is here ^^?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 17:27:34 PM »

Wanted: Testers to    errors out of Wiki page  >Areca + WOL and remote FreeNAS server<
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2011, 18:54:49 PM »

This is a reply to this post
Best way is to update the Pardus Wiki. Then its not necessary to ask a lot of questions/issues here that coming up over and over again:
http://www.pardus-wiki.org/

Much info there is outdated. Like this example:
If you see on the Wiki its a very good step by step guide with screenshots for install Pardus 2009:
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Pardus:Installation2009
I don't agree with this one being outdated as P2009 is still a very much live system.

Feel free to add to the one for P2011.
I started the first installation guide with >this guide<.
All other guides are derived from this ^^^ one.
In the history tab you can see all the changes and made by ... for a particular wiki page.
Right now I am too busy building PiSi packages (like this one) and other activities to contribute to the wiki.
John A
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 19:01:10 PM »

I write in the Swedish Wiki sometimes. I understand that you are busy. So if more would contribute in the English Wiki it would be great. Wink
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 00:13:03 AM »

> Creating an USB device in order to test any Computer/Notebook/Netbook whether it's 100% Pardus compliant<
Remarks are
John A
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »

Good work. Much help for Pardus users. Smiley
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2011, 16:35:07 PM »

With reference to THIS and THIS post.  >>> Pardus 2011 installation Wiki   is available.
Report ERRORS/comments and other stuff in this topic
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: