Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:32:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  English PardusWiki
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: English PardusWiki  (Read 22494 times)
Tinker

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 03:36:53 AM »

The English PardusWiki is very sparse next to the Turkish Wiki if we could get some people to work on the English Wiki it would be great.  Grin Someone that could translate some of the Turkish Wiki would be great to get the English Wiki started, being new and all to Pardus I know some sparse info that I have learned from some of the other Distro's I have used.  Undecided So if you would like to help it would be very much pleased for new comers that I know are scared away because of scarce documentation.  If you do contribute something, Put your name under PardusWiki Contributors in PardusUsers.  Grin Maybe this will get some people motivated to work on the Wiki.  Give some feedback what you think about this and what not...

Edit: Whoops, if i said Turkish Wiki to translate to the English Wiki, I meant any Wiki Language that could get the English Wiki started. Sorry if I offended anyone. Undecided

Cheers, Tinker
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 02:07:53 AM by Tinker » Logged
Tinker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 04:56:19 AM »

Hmm... Almost 2 days now and still no one would like to help out...  Sad
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »

You are right, but I was already helping out...

For freedom...
Tinker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 15:43:53 PM »

Yes, I see Willem I was just hoping to get more people that are not active to work on the Wiki so it would be able to get bigger, sooner...
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 17:35:54 PM »

Count me in, sometime soon ;-)
Tinker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 18:48:20 PM »

Cool!  Grin I can learn from this most likely.
FoamRocket
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 23:53:06 PM »

If there's ever any need for a Swedish PardusWiki, give me a heads up! Cheesy

//FoamRocket

I think the lack of activity on this forum is in part an indication of the lack of problems with this distribution...
SakJur
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 18:44:10 PM »

If there's ever any need for a Swedish PardusWiki, give me a heads up! Cheesy

//FoamRocket
FoamRocket: Then Zinden or me, SakJur, will contact you...

KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 22:40:46 PM »

Even though being a Swede I would say that the greatest need for Pardus is to get the English Wiki comprehensive and informative. Even the forum is to small to split up as it's doing now, at least in my view.

OK, I might not use Pardus as my main distribution, but I keep a close eye on it, since I think it's a very promising project. As for now it's hard to without some reservations recommend Pardus, not because of a technical quality issue (the issues I've seen will probably soon be solved), but because its documentation is very scars. If Pardus simply would have been a fork of some other distribution, for example like BLAG is more or less the same as a customized Fedora system, you could just say: "visit the mother-distribution's forum and you get all the answers you need". Pardus isn't like that, especially in view of how it's aiming at becoming one of the easiest GUI administrated distributions (that's my impression).

I'll have a month of vacation, and go as far as possible from any gadgets or computers I can. When I return I'll see if my limited knowledge can be of any use. I could at least add my posts about some configurations of sound-devices.
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:44:13 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree with you KimTjik. Just like you I'm not using Pardus as my main distro but keeping a close eye on it. I think this distribution has great potential. Currently - in my opinion - it would benefit most from more and better documentation. Preferable in english as that's the language we all (more or less) understand.

As for myself: So far I haven't come round to adding things to the wiki. I do however spend a fair amount of time on this forum trying to help people out.

Happy holidays :-)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:59:48 AM by roverrat » Logged
Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »

The problem with me, is perhaps the explanation in english. Sometimes it sounds and spelled like crap  Grin

But offcourse English Wiki needs more writers  Wink

roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »

But offcourse English Wiki needs more writers

Or more translators turkish --> english and swedish --> english ;-)

I do think that the language subforums like the new swedish one are a good thing as they really help people who have difficulty writing and understanding english.

Perhaps one of you could translate the output of  some of the more general topics and their solutions to the english forum?
Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 12:28:02 PM »

Im currently adding printer setup in english wiki  Cool

As it took me awhile to get my printer going  Grin

Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

made: Ati drivers + HP 1600/2600n

http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Hardware:Contents#Printers.2FScanners

hope those are ok   Cool

roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 13:06:24 PM »

Great job Zinden  Smiley

As for the installation of the ATI drivers: it would be terrific if you could write a bit more about *why* people would want to install the driver package from ATI (instead of using the ATI driver package provided by Pardus).

Also it would be of great help if you could describe what one has to do *after* installing the driver to setup X correctly. Have a look at the Nvidia page (http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Hardware:Installing_nVidia_Drivers)  to see what I mean.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: