Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 14:17:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  smb4k cannot mount after upgrade
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: smb4k cannot mount after upgrade  (Read 2176 times)
echpiel

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2007, 20:05:32 PM »

Hello there,

I have upgraded all the packages to the latest version and have found that smb4k has stopped working. I can browse the workgroup and the computers, but when I double-click on any share, I get the following message:

-------------
The share '//COMPUTER/C$' could not be mounted.
Read the error message under 'Details' to find out more.

Details---
mount error: could not find target server. TCP name COMPUTER/C$ not found
No ip address specified and hostname not found
---------------

It looks like it is taking the share as part of the computer name, but I am not sure. I can access to the shares without problems using 'smb://computer/c$' on konqueror.

I have tried to change some parameters to both samba and smb4k witout luck.

Does anybody have any clue about this?

Thanks,

echpiel
Tinker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 00:35:20 AM »

If this happend to be Smb4K 0.8.2 it was a problem native to Smb not to Pardus, Three hours after they sent out Smb4K 0.8.3 to fix the problem... I would say thats a pretty fast response time, check it out Here, I believe this is your problem.  I don't know if they have yet updated it on PiSi, I'm updating so i'll reply back if it has been updated to Smb4k 0.8.3. Cheesy Hmm... Good luck I hope it works for you. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 00:40:18 AM by Tinker » Logged
Pardoes
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »

Yes, they have updated it to the new version  Smb4K 0.8.3 in the most recently version of PISI.
echpiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 09:47:46 AM »

Thanks for your answers. I will check which version I am running when I get home this night.

I am not suggesting that there is any problem specific to Pardus, just that something has changed that is preventing smb4k fron running properly. And, hopefully, that some change in the configuration could solve it (yet I do not know which one).

Regards,

echpiel
Pardoes
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »

The last two versions 0.8.2 and 0.8.3 of smb4K are slowier in getting the IP adress.
You have a longer time to wait till the IP adress pop-up.
Only then you can go on.
echpiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:49:52 PM »

Yes, I noticed this. I could browse the workgroup *AND* the computer shares with no problem. The problem happens *when mounting a share* with smb4k.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 16:36:25 PM »

This was a global problem in Samba, and Samba's service script wasn't correct in our repository. This problem was fixed 2 days ago in repository. Have you tired to update your system? Or only samba package?
echpiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 11:48:23 AM »

Yesterday night I updated again, but has not been able to test the results.

If the problem persist, I will uninstall samba and reinstall it again. Do you agree, Eren?

Thanks
echpiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 21:02:28 PM »

I have reinstalled samba (and the packages that depend on it) with no luck. Having a look at the repository, I have found that the last samba package is samba-3.0.25-19-17.pisi from May the 15th, so apparently the chage made a couple of days ago has not been propagated.

Any idea?

Thanks,

echpiel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: