Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:43:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Kde 3.5.7
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kde 3.5.7  (Read 904 times)
Klenje
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2007, 17:11:23 PM »

I saw that in the official KDE mirrors you can find already builds for the new 3.5.7 KDE in pisi format. Could I just download them and install it? (of course after shutting down X server)
thanks
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 19:57:44 PM »

Hey,

You could probably install it, although it would probably be better to wait for the pardus devs to add the new kde packages to the repositories. The reason I would advise you to wait is because the packages on the kde ftp contain the complete desktop environment. When those are installed You will probably also get kde packages you are currently not using. When the packages are in the pardus repository, the package manager will only update those packages that are allready installed and make sure that you don't get the software you don't need (read: the ones that weren't installed either before you upgraded).

Since I'm not a pardus-developer I would also like to know when the packages will be made available as an update (or through some other repository). Since you can't just use the kde servers because they don't have an index.xml.bz2 (or something similar).

Regards,

Ben
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: