Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:59:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Is this really the most popular English Pardus forum?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this really the most popular English Pardus forum?  (Read 2703 times)
ThinkPardus

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2007, 19:24:34 PM »

Hate to say it, but the only forum I've been in that was more dead was the Foresight Linux forum not long ago. Am I in the wrong place, and is there a more active English-speaking forum out there? Thanks.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 23:33:51 PM »

This is the most active English forum, sorry to say that.
We have a very busy Turkish, and Dutch forum, the rest of the world probably didnt discover Pardus yet  Sad

For freedom...
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 23:38:22 PM »

Eeeh, don't forget the French part in this forum.... It's been very active the last few days.

Jan.
glas
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »

I think the lack of activity on this forum is in part an indication of the lack of problems with this distribution. People usually only post when they have problems and are seeking a solution. Perhaps Pardus is too polished to generate alot of forum discussion.
Talisien
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 12:32:40 PM »

You say it.

Pardus works with less problems than other distributions and it is very confortable. I tried a lot of other distributions like Knoppix, Ubuntu, Suse before but Pardus was most convincing.

Nevertheless Pardus is not as popular than Ubuntu. The most popular forum is in turkish wich is a nice linguage, also a lot of people speaking Turk- linguages, but English is mor popular, like Latin was in middleages.

I am german native speaking wich is a linguage is spoken by many people but to make Pardus more popular on the Web you have to speak English or You stay regionally

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 21:35:16 PM »

Pardus can speak Englis, so I do not understand what you mean to say. We are even planning on an English magazine.
Besides this, I think that popularity comes with a price. Ubuntu sends around free cd's. It is hard to promote a superior OS against such a competition.
Pardus is also in German, isn't it?
Are you planning to promote Pardus in your country? The dutch community is already quite large  Grin

For freedom...
Talisien
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 01:21:17 AM »

Shure: Pardus is able to speak English. I did not wanted to discredit the people of this Web- site and the Developers because they did hard and really famouse work.
This Forum of course is English. But Pardus on Web is mostly represented in Turkish.

For me Pardus is the most userfriendly Linux- distribution. Everything works at once. Nowadays many people thinking Linux is something for spezialists, because it is sometimes hard to connect Your computer with printer, rooter etc. And this is for newbies often the backway to MSWindows. Here Pardus is different and I hope it will receive more attention.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: