Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:58:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Pisi package Skype 1.4Beta
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pisi package Skype 1.4Beta  (Read 1575 times)
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2007, 01:26:01 AM »

Hello!

I've tried to make a pisi package of Skype 1.4Beta. It isn't too difficult to make the package even though the Pisi package documentation is spread all over; but I suppose the Wiki eventually will bring all pieces together.

My problem is that I can't solve the dependencies. The package itself installs correctly, but Skype still gets stuck not finding the right libraries even though I thought I got them all. It might be me thinking I've got the Pisi package right, but it's not, or something is different with this version of Skype.

Can any-one else provide me a package that work, or do you know if it soon will occur on some repository?
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »

What errors do you get? Maybe in this release of Skype, It requires and updated shared lib and can't find it.
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:04:33 AM »

I get the following output:

/opt/skype/skype: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)
/opt/skype/skype: /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.4' not found (required by /opt/skype/skype)

Skype sets the following requirements:
    *  Qt 4.2.1+
    * D-Bus 1.0.0
    * libsigc++ 2.0.2
    * libasound2 1.0.12

libasound2 as I understand it refers to alsa-lib, but I migjht be wrong. Whatever it looks more like it doesn't like the version of libsigc++ I have (2.0.16). Frankly I don't understand at all what "GLIBC_2.4", "CXXABI_1.3.1" and "GLIBCXX_3.4.4" mean, so I don't know even what to do.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »

Errww. You compiled it wrongly. Does skype have configure script? If so you should set a prefix like "./configure --prefix=/usr". If not, be sure that you set prefix correctly.
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 13:16:05 PM »

I've looked through it and you're correct my files are pointing to the wrong location, so it shouldn't be a library problem.

When I wrote "it isn't too difficult to make the package" it should have been with "Wink", because it still feels a bit complicated for me to get all lines right especially since the process needs several prepared files. Honestly the documentation in English is more confusing than helping at this stage; one guide go through a lot of theoretical explanation without real practical implementation, another isn't ready, some are just a long list of commands not making any sense if you're not initiated. I'm not complaining, because I think Pardus has a lot of potential and therefore will eventually be more English oriented concerning documentation.

Let's see if I can figure out how to make use of the skype config file and point toward it as you suggest. I lack time and am usually working with Fedora at the moment, so there's a "risk" for this package to show up in a repository before I'm ready (if so I still want to take a look at the files to figure out how it all should have been done).

I'm using the Skype 1.4Beta in Fedora and even in this Beta stage it has a lot of improvements making it a candidate for the standard Pardus repository. DTMF tones are now working properly and even if configuration of sound isn't complete, it still is better and has more options than before. Sound quality also seems, eh sounds, to be better.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 14:20:46 PM »

Hi, did you try with pisibul to make skype 1.4.0.99? I have tried it now so many times and i get the same error`s like you, and also don`t understand whatthis all means and what to do?
in all the other distro`s it works out of the box but not here with pardus linux, and i am using now pardus for my daily use and very few times the kubuntu now.
did you could in the meantime to get it work?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: