Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:32:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  [solved]Network printer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved]Network printer  (Read 3786 times)
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2007, 21:12:05 PM »

Pardus is the first distro that supports my HP PSC-1402 All-in-one (printer/scanner/copier) totally. With other distro's I couldn't get the scanner-part working.
But (yes, I know, I am very demanding  :lol: ) now I want to make my printer available over the network. The printer is connected via USB to my computer with IP 192.168.1.2 and I want to be able to print with this printer from my laptop with IP 192.168.1.4 (so: over the network).
Both computers run Pardus.
How do I accomplish this?

Jan.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:27:10 AM by Andreas » Logged
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 08:22:05 AM »

Have you tried Samba? Under Tasma -> Internet -> Samba -> Printers
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 08:27:45 AM »

Quote from: "Eren.Turkay"
Have you tried Samba? Under Tasma -> Internet -> Samba -> Printers

No, and I don't wanna use Samba (all my computers run Linux). It should be possible with Cups, but I don't now how.

Jan.
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 02:28:09 AM »

I found the solution (after some googling) in a CUPS Printing Setup Mini-HOWTO .
I copied and pasted the cupsd.conf from this HOWTO into /etc/cups/cupsd.conf of the computer, at which the printer is attached to, and the printer shows up in my laptop.

Jan.
msullivan
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 02:50:21 AM »

I have several computers and only one Epson Stylux CX4800 all in one printer.  I set it up on my desktop computer and it worked perfectly both as a scanner and a printer.  However,  when I followed the above instructions to make it visible over my network to the other computers (all running Pardus or Mac OSX with CUPS printing system),  it no longer works at my desktop computer and still is not available to any of my other computers.  I tried to set it up again with >Tasma>Peripherals>Printers using the KDE setup utilities but was unable to get it working as a local printer from my desktop or as a print server from the other networked machines.  If anyone has any suggestions,  I'd appreciate it.

Marty
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 13:00:56 PM »

Sounds like something to put at the wiki site!  Grin

For freedom...
roberto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:56 AM »

Well, i have the following dilemma: my office network has as a standalone machine an HP OLJ 2820 (print/scan/copy), which has an internal IP. From KDE menu, i was able to install machine and use it as a printer, with HP generic drivers HP ColorLaserJet 2800 series. But, i have no idea how to install scanner module (neither Kooka, neither xSane detect it ). After litlle research, i found that from point of driver installing, there is a difference between a machine locally attached, a machine attached to a Windows computer, a machine attached to a linux computer and available through Samba, and my case -  a standalone machine.

So, how could i make my scanner work properly ? What conf file do i have to edit ?
I have to mention that Mandriva and PCLinuxOS installs automatically scanner module with printer, with drak hardware.

Thanks.

get busy livin’ or get busy dyin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: