Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 20:31:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Tilt wheel on my mouse
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tilt wheel on my mouse  (Read 1372 times)
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2007, 23:30:50 PM »

Today I got a new Logitech mouse with a tilt wheel

A new feature among Logitech mice is the tilt wheel. Instead of piling on as many buttons onto the mouse as possible, the G7 has less buttons than its predecessors, but makes up for this byadding the tilt wheel. By exerting just a small amount of pressure on the scroll wheel, the user is able to tilt it tothe left and right,giving gamers, and office users a new way to navigate their environments.

How to use a tilt wheel in Pardus? This feature seems to be missing in the mouse configuration options in Tasma.

For freedom...
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 21:50:21 PM »

Hey Willem,

You will probably have to set these from the xorg.conf fille or using xbindkeys. Since I'm not really an expert on this I did a small search on google and probably found what you are looking for. It's not really the best readable guide but I hope it's useful enough to fix the problem. Here's a link:

http://www.debianhelp.org/node/2775
Regards,

Ben
Eidos

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 19:42:46 PM »

this wheel is really amazing !! Shocked

take a look on http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/betelgeuse/2006/11/26/getting_mx_revolution_setup_in_gentoo

for the moment, i use this mouse as a simple 2 buttons mouse because i've got some issues with Xbindkeys, so if you manage to configure the mouse, please keep me posted
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: