Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:25:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus 2007.2 final is out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2007.2 final is out  (Read 3167 times)
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 14:31:10 PM »

Pardus 2007.2 Caracal caracal is out:

http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/

As usual it's available as an install CD ("Kurulan")  and as a live CD ("Calisan")

See the release notes for a list of changes:
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/products/pardus-2007.2-Caracal-caracal-releasenotes-en.html
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 14:33:39 PM by roverrat » Logged
xva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 20:47:57 PM »

downloaded and installed.
so far everything runs perfectly!!
great job Wink
glas
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 22:32:52 PM »

Is there any difference / advantage to downloading and installing 2007.2 as opposed to upgrading all packages via PISI? Does anyone know?
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 22:39:39 PM »

No there is no difference, your system will work in the same way.
You can just "sudo pisi up" to enjoy Pardus 2007.2

For freedom...
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 19:02:53 PM »

Willem, it might so be... for some. However that upgrade procedure screwed up one system for me, so now I have to make a re-install.

Hardware:
DFI Infinity RS482 (it's a 939 socket)
AMD Athlon 3200+
GeiL Ultra-X PC-3200 512MB (BH-5)
WD Caviar 160GB Sata2

Another surprise to me was that the kernel from the stable repository was labeled "beta" which doesn't give a lot of confidence, and when it totally failed to even boot the system it didn't get better. The old kernels don't work either.

I don't post this here to make a lot of noise, but if you intend to have these kinds of overlaps similar to Gentoo or Arch it should work. A stable repository is supposed to be stable and don't make a mess out of a system which has worked perfectly up to the updates, and which to 100 % are according to the stable repository; no modified, no beta, no contributed packages just as no proprietary drivers are installed.

I don't have time for debugging and will simply be forced to make a fresh install and get this system up working before tomorrow morning; first I will rescue some data from Fedora which resides on the same system. And I who thought I would get some good rest at home tonight!  Undecided

Pardus is overall a very good system, but this failure was a disappointment.

Edit: I took the time to see if a fresh install of Pardus 2007.2 would be more successful. To make one thing clear: md5sum was correct and the integrity check while installing also passed. Nevertheless Pardus 2007.2 is either broken in relation to needed configuration for the hardware spec above, or it's not compatible in the first place. I make a separate thread about this.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 22:15:56 PM by KimTjik » Logged
Kavani
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 19:31:53 PM »

Due to going to school, I had to reinstall windoze.  Well, I'll suck up the extra effort to work on porting the programs I need.  I look forward to a clean install of 2007.2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: