Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 20:25:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Change locale
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Change locale  (Read 1067 times)
Klenje
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:39 AM »

How can I change the locale in my machine? I really can't figure it out Embarrassed
Caraibes

Free Software on the beach, Tropical style !

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 21:14:01 PM »

You can easily change the locale for all KDE apps by searching your language's KDE package in Tasma. Afterwards, go to "regional & accessibility" and select your country. Log out & log in, and that's it !

Your problem will come (like it did to me) with OpenOffice & Firefox : They seem to stay in the language used during installation. There should be locale-package for both apps in the repos, I don't (yet) understand why they are not here...

Grab your Freedom, escape from the proprietary world !
Aero9000
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 14:25:01 PM »

Your problem will come (like it did to me) with OpenOffice & Firefox : They seem to stay in the language used during installation. There should be locale-package for both apps in the repos, I don't (yet) understand why they are not here...

Try this:

Open Tasma, System, Boot Manager.

On the line Kernel Parameters look for (or insert): mudur=language:en

Reboot and your system should now be in English.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: