Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 20:36:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  2007.1 worked very well... 2007.2 no success
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007.1 worked very well... 2007.2 no success  (Read 4298 times)
cartman
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 18:58:53 PM »

KimTjik can you try re-installing 2007.2 from scratch? Either that or post the complete "cant find libfoo" output, looks like one of the libraries are out of date.
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 19:56:59 PM »

Yes I will, because there's probably no point in rolling back and forth as it is now, but I did it to be of some help to maybe understand why Pardus 2007.2 doesn't work with correct default "ati" driver.

The computer has to be up running several times a week, and is located in an office building not so far from me, so I'll find some time in my busy schedule to make another try, either going to console directly and see if I can load the "fglrx" driver or go through the install in "xorg=safe" mode and after that try to change driver. It looks like no updates have been released, at least not when checking it today.

Let's see happens and if my experience with this system can be of any help for others.
KimTjik
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

OK, it's time to make a closure of this thread. What's new?

I've had Pardus running without X for several months. Been thinkering from time to time, but didn't have any success in tracking down the problem. Because of the new Pardus release I thought it could be worth testing whether new xorg.server and driver packages would solve the issue. It did, or at least party, depending on what driver you prefer.

The "ati" driver behaves a bit odd still and doesn't accept anything else but 1024x768 (native resolution 1280x1024), but will still let the background have full resolution but within it setup a smaller monitor with the panels, if you understand what I mean. Besides that gamma and colors was far off. I didn't feel for wasting much time on it.

"fglrx" though works perfectly well. So I settled for that as for now. This system doesn't have to be a super secure only open source system anyway.

The bugs are nearly gone. I'm not a developer so I don't know whether newer versions of xorg.server combined with new drivers were the full answer.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 12:17:27 PM by KimTjik » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: