Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 20:40:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Multilingual system
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Multilingual system  (Read 1012 times)
Caraibes

Free Software on the beach, Tropical style !

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2007, 21:11:00 PM »

Hi all,

I have 2 users account on my PC, one for me in French, and one for my wife in Spanish.

As of all the KDE apps, there has been no problem at all, as I installed the KDE Spanish package, and then configured my wife's account in Tasma to be in Spanish.

The problem is with OpenOffice & Firefox. Both stayed in French (which is the language I used to install).

On most other distros (I currently use also Fedora, Debian & Ubuntu), you can go to the package manager and search for the Spanish package for OpenOffice, and the one for Firefox.

Not on Pardus.

-Is there a way around that ?

Thank you all for your time and your insights !

Grab your Freedom, escape from the proprietary world !
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 20:45:34 PM »

It could be that Pardus have not included the translation of Spanish of those applications. If you still can't solve it, try installing two partitions (its also advisable for security purposes, i.e. if one system crushes you have a backup).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: