Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:51:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Locale problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locale problem  (Read 1288 times)
meryt-re
« on: July 23, 2007, 19:57:21 PM »

Hello,
It seems that I have some locale problem with some websites and mails ( kmail, konqueror, and firefox) with english mixed with Chinese content.
I tried the websites on ubuntu and gentoo and there is no problem on these two. The website is for example http://www.lechao.com/index.php where all Chinese characters are replaced with squares. Is there a way to correct that ? My system is installed in French.
Thanks a lot,

Marie
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 22:12:37 PM »

Hey Marie,

What you could try is changing the character set to unicode in firefox. To do this go to view > character set > Unicode UTF-8.
I'm not sure if character set was the right word since I'm working on a dutch system, but just try to find the Unicode (UTF-8) option somewhere in the view menu and click it when visiting the site.

Regards,

Ben
kle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 19:40:45 PM »

I think it is a font problem.

You can install additional fonts for  chinese and japanese writing and the display in the original language should be ok.
There are some choices in Pisi for additional fonts, i don't remember now which one of them did the job for me.
Kavani
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:16:26 PM »

Aquafont may be the font you're thinking of.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: