Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:30:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Conexant winmodem ..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conexant winmodem ..  (Read 988 times)
atk8877
« on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:52 AM »

well , i got conexant winmodem , and i wana use it 2 connect the internet , so i tried 2 install rhe tar.gz file and i did it , but when i use kppp and try 2 query the modem it telling me " unable 2 open modem "
so what can i do ??  Huh?
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 22:20:52 PM »

Hey,

Did you also tried to configure the modem and compile the kernel modules ? Since that's also quite an important step. No kernel modules means no way for kppp to detect the device. Since the above knowledge also came from some other site I'm now going to refer to that site for more instructions :

http://xlife.zuavra.net/columns/20021104/

They also offer information on how to configure the modem from the commandline, but I don't know how comfortable you are with that (powerful) tool.

Regards,

Ben

ps. If you need more help, or there are things you don't understand in the column, feel free to post again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: