Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 14:31:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Error during installation: cannor connect to comar
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Error during installation: cannor connect to comar  (Read 1270 times)
kadj

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2007, 14:17:57 PM »

Hi all,

I am trying to install Pardus 2007.2 in a VMWare workstation (VMWare 5.5.3 build-34685).

After copying the packages, the installer reports the following error:

cannot connect to comar
pipi.comariface.Error

followed by a lengthy backtrace. The last lines of the backtrace are:

File "/usr/lib/pardus/pisi/api.py", line 294, in configure_pending pisi.util.join_path(pkg_path, ctx.const.files_xml)
File "/usr/lib/pardus/pisi/comariface.py", line 101, in post_install com = get_comar()
File "/usr/lib/pardus/pisi/comariface.py", line 54, in get_comar raise Error(_("cannot connect to comar"))

It forces me then to reboot the system.

Screenshots of the error are attached.

I should point out that ftp access from the machine is blocked by a firewall, so if it's trying to download information from the internet at this point, it might fail. However, I have not been given an opportunity to provide network settings at this point so I doubt this is it.

An earlier poster had similar problems in March 2007, unfortunately there was no response.

* pardus_install_error_1.png (96.17 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 54 times.)

* pardus_install_error_2.png (105.47 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 50 times.)
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 16:48:15 PM »

Hmm,  might be a bug... Perhaps you could ask in the pardus mailing list? It is read by the pardus developers which increases your chances of getting an answer  Wink

On a side note, I had no trouble installing Pardus in a VMware virtual machine myself. I can't remember the exact version however, though I think it was 5.5.3 as well (I've upgraded to VMware 6 in the meantime).

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 17:18:12 PM by roverrat » Logged
kadj

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 17:03:36 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Where can I find the mailing list?
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 17:17:10 PM »

Here's an overview of all lists: http://liste.uludag.org.tr/mailman/listinfo
Most of them are in turkish... The one that will most probably fit your needs is Pardus-users:

http://liste.uludag.org.tr/mailman/listinfo/pardus-users

Good luck!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: