Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 23:33:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Virtualbox
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Virtualbox  (Read 966 times)
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2007, 14:49:55 PM »

I installed Virtualbox with MS XP on Pardus, everything works well, except for the Internet connection, allthough it recognises everything, I cant get it to work.

Anyone?

For freedom...
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 16:08:53 PM »

Hey Willem,

I've been working with virtualbox yesterday on SuSE and had the same problem. It can be fixed by installing the guest addons on the virtualized XP. Just boot the virtual pc and then click the device > Install guest addons option when XP is fully booted. If I'm correct you should then get a setup window to install those. If it still doesn't work go to the hardware listing dialog (just rightclick this computer > properties and I believe it was somewhere in the second or third tab, in dutch it's called apparaatbeheer). Then find the ethernet card and if it's not functioning (it has a question mark symbol over the card icon) you will have to install the drivers yourself. If that is the case doubleclick the card, then take the second tab and click the install driver button. Then go to the cd player (in your virtual pc that is) and go to the AMD_PC (or some similar named folder) and choose the inf file there. It will install the drivers and then you should be able to use the network adapter, just configure the internet settings.

Regards,

Ben
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: