Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:44:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  VirtualBox net connection
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VirtualBox net connection  (Read 5761 times)
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:33:37 AM »

After freshly installing el nuevo gato Caracal(o7.2), I decided to see if i can install and run a fullyloaded virtual 32bit xp os on Pardus. I started with qtemu and then eventually to the friendlier VirtualBox. Im awwed(impressed)by the performance and how fast xp can be restarted while running the Host Pardus.
 Im currently running a fat32xp in the Box. "I NEED INTERNET CONNECTION"
            In virtualbox network settings, there are 3 adapters NAT,Host Interface,and Internal network.    When choosing "Host Interface"   im given more options to edit "Host Interface" settings
                                                Interface Name?
                                                Setup Application?
                                                Terminate application

Any pointers on how i can establish an internet connection?

I took a "Snapshot" and now the virtualbox os seem different.I thought it was a desktop screen capture shot.   What's when taking a Snapshot of the virtual os??

How can i tranfer(inject) files from my Pardus os to the virtual os other than by cd rom???

After installing a virtual os with VirtualBox on Pardus,where is the vhd file kept and how can i make a copy for Backup?Huh?

Below is png,
  Screen capture of dual os's running,Pardus Host and xp guest. Blurry from screen capture utility.

* snapshot1.png (173.45 KB, 1280x1024 - viewed 125 times.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 20:36:30 PM by DANHO » Logged
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 21:59:09 PM »

Got the same problem, that I was not able to connect to the web with my virtual XP running in Pardus, dont know why it's not working....

Also tried Parallels wich can even run Window apps on the Pardus desktop (better than Crossover). Maybe someone is running it? I couldnt even install the trial  Embarrassed
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/workstation/

For freedom...
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 00:14:44 AM »

I check it out some.Parallel. downloaded and read users guide and getting started guide. looks good and sounds promising and affective,I even downloaded the rpm file,  but the 15 day trial is a no go for me. too short for slow me. Also got and copied over to a xp os the Parallel win.exe. hopefully it will read and write right over there. I dont worry too much about my xp's well being as i always keep a good back up copy of the whole os.

Well, what about choosing the Host interface option in virtualbox's network settings,  and filling in  interface Name?
                                                  Setup Application?                                                                                            Terminate   application?                                                                                                                                                             

how do i obtain this info?...interface Name?
                                               Setup Application?
                                                Terminate application?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 00:27:09 AM by DANHO » Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »

I am also experiencing the same problem with Virtualbox.

Everything, but the internet connection, works perfectly.
I do get an IP assigned, so the connection looks ok.

But according to these posts I am starting to wonder whether it's
not a bug??
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:00:46 AM »

Yeah,right. I too am also able to obtain a active ip adress signal (not shown in png), yet its as if our Host(Pardus) is holding out maybe?     note; i was able to pump ms software into the box with the such as, registry repair pro, lavasoft, adobe, amd drivers, and some more.  NO CONN here too.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 06:43:15 AM »

I already made a bugreport about it, but they say it is working (at least when you use the pisi version).

Please also respond on this bugreport, so the problem (which also exists with almost all users in the dutch forum) is taken more seriously. BTW the version in the package manager is also not connecting...

http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=6182

For freedom...
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:50 PM »

I just added my comment.
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 14:56:05 PM »

It worked.

They are reopening the bug:

------- Comment #7 From İsmail "cartman" Dönmez 2007-08-10 13:42:23 -------
I am reopening the bug due to popular confirmations.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 17:24:19 PM »

Wow, now waiting for the solution, I cant wait  Tongue

For freedom...
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 00:37:17 AM »

i got some questions.
                                    VirtualBox permits me ration the memory ram  to 1313mb's. Is there any way i can do the same for the graphic setting to more than 128mb's?

I took a "Snapshot" and now the virtualbox os seem different.I thought it was a desktop screen capture shot.   What's when taking a Snapshot of the virtual os?

How can i tranfer(inject) files from my Pardus os to the virtual os other than by cd rom??

After installing a virtual os with VirtualBox on Pardus,where is the vhd file kept.Huh?

(note) some users may experience "file tranfer errors" and or error
'could not load OpenGl.
VirtualBox did give me excellent display panning option, res.up to 6400x1200. insane!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:19:46 AM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 02:11:03 AM »

I was following up on the bug report and found out that by typing IP address 64.233.169.103 instead of typing www.google.com, for your home page address does give you googles search engine.  Its in ms "internet options". When i try to update my apps like lavasoft or activate windows, i can't.

---- Comment  #13 From İsmail "cartman" Dönmez  2007-08-12 01:03:26  [reply] -------

Try connecting to 64.233.169.103 .

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:17:18 AM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 05:25:44 AM »

Allright,to obtain internet in virtual xp go to "control panel" "network connections"  "Local Area Connection properties, double click "internet protocol [tcp/ip]"   choose these settings below

1.  Obtain an IP address automatically

2.Use the following DNS server addresses

193.140.100.210  (for Preferred)
  193.140.100.220 (for Alternate)
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »

Wow thanks! It worked alright.  Grin

For freedom...
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 18:37:12 PM »

So, it was not a bug? but more like a misconfig on my part?  Willem,Mailman??

Can anyone explain who's , what's , and maybe where's these dns  servers from???      193.140.100.210 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 18:39:25 PM by DANHO » Logged
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 20:45:58 PM »

I dont know if its not a bug, since other disto's dont ask for a DNS address. I (and even more users at the dutch forum) was having the same problem, and can use the same DNS as you mentioned. I am just glad it is working!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 21:02:41 PM by Willem » Logged

For freedom...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: