Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 23:34:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  splash screen/link
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: splash screen/link  (Read 1693 times)
Bandito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:10:53 PM »

hello!

im just another guy who tried pardus and i must say im very excited about the whole distro. its polished, packages are up to date, but the most important for me is the speed and responsiveness of pardus. kudos to the dev team  Wink
however i tried to install custom splash screen theme from http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/3lobyte+Pardus+and+New+KDE+3.5+Splash+?content=52201
the problem is that none of download links dont work. if anyone has a working link of this splash screen theme and would be prepared to share it with the rest of the community, please do  Grin

thank you for your time and patience.

bandito
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 18:53:09 PM »

Hey Bandit, bienbenido.  Others as myself cant download these splash screens and most likely have the same problem.

On same site you mentioned above;  Broken Link
 by mikebela  on: 06/19/2007, 7:56

Impossible to download this wonderful theme, the link is broken. Any alternative download location?   

I must add, If ? the splash screen design " Half Ellipse - KDE 3.5 Version for All linux" spins in rotation while bootin the cat, it's awsomely awsome.
  I'll quote mikebela "Any alternative download location?"                                                                         
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 19:03:07 PM by DANHO » Logged
Bandito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 19:01:27 PM »

i know what you mean, i read the comments. im wondering if maybe someone allready is using this theme and would be so nice and uploaded the theme file on other site that host files.
thank you for your kind reply,  Wink

regards, bandito
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 19:54:21 PM »

I was able to make 3 downloads at site you mentioned above.

I  approve of the hotlinux bootscreen cause its hot!.  Hot babe greets me at start up with "BENUZTER DANHO"   Or go to site and at left side page click boot splash screens or splash screen.  the one im talking about is called  57103-Hotlinux (ger).tar.gz/Hotlinux
and with a penguin,   60131-LMTux-splash-moodin.tar.gz/LMTux-splash-moodin

They also got a yellow Pardus bootsplash similar to Willems member picture.tried.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 19:56:55 PM by DANHO » Logged
Bandito
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 20:57:10 PM »

thank you again for an interesting idea. i will give it a go.  Shocked

bandito
Kavani
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 23:38:55 PM »

Oddly enough, I can't get the boot screen to change through Tasma.  Oh well.  I somehow lost the ability to change my login icon this time around.  Those were good looking boot screens though!

Fixed the icon thing!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 00:12:26 AM by Kavani » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:08 AM »

After downloading splash screens and what's not,store them.Through Tasma go to appearance and themes, and Splash Screens.below is add and direct it to where you stored splashes.maybe not all will be compatible as i was not able to add all my splashes. This splash will appear after login and password confirm.

Through 'file manager" I was also able to change grub background splash(the background image when all os's on machine are revealed at start) to a cool AMD by simply replacing "splash.xpm.gz.   Make sure its a "grub splash".
          I rewrote splash.xpm.gz in /boot/grub/  to splash.xpm.gz1, copied new  grub splash file to same location and rewrote it to original file name"splash.xpm.gz" and also rewrote the splash image(xpm or png inside file) to "splash.xpm.gz"
reboot,and shazam!
About login logo,Have you tried,Tasma/system/login manager,and go in admin. mode, after psswrd click Users /at bottom "user images" and find your user name and change logo?
These are my new splashes;  oh. i came across this grub splash of Pam and got hooked.I spent numerous of hour trying to manipulate the image but it would come out too blown up.

* Benutzer.png (116.42 KB, 400x300 - viewed 57 times.)

* amd64.png (5.68 KB, 640x480 - viewed 50 times.)

* pam.png (35.08 KB, 576x432 - viewed 57 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 21:56:23 PM by DANHO » Logged
Kavani
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »

Yeah, I had selected Admin only for the user icon by mistake.  As far as the boot screens, I've had to get another package installed.  Thanks for the tidbit though.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: