Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 01:25:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  vlc by default and picsi even under livecd use ...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: vlc by default and picsi even under livecd use ...  (Read 1178 times)
mchasard

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2007, 22:06:54 PM »

in the liste of my whish as its clear regarding the title ...
1) to add vlc ...would be very nice ...
2) add the way to be able to use picsi under livecd ...not only for an install way ...

Thanks for all ...

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 22:30:17 PM »

To answer your questions:

VLC is already in the Package repository, by default there is only one program for each porpose installed, for video this is Kaffeine, but you cal always install more programms. Bu why make things complex?
Why should you use Pisi on a liveCD as it means Programme installed as intended. The only thing you can do with pisi is install programs (and it does is very good), the only thing is that you are not allowed to install anything with any LiveCD.

For freedom...
mchasard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 19:32:12 PM »

first if i insist for vlc its that my provider propose tv channels through vlc exclusively ...not with other soft...

second , i know other livecd ...for which we can install on ram some adding program with apt-get or synaptic ...and as i know that the equivalent for pardus is pisit ...whynot ...it's just a wish ...now if its not possible pity ...in effect if i choose to install pardus ... my troubles will desappear lol ...

Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 22:04:20 PM »

I think that installing Pardus will be the best present you can give yourself. No need to try it in my opinion, because you will never want anything else!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 00:23:35 AM by Willem » Logged

For freedom...
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 20:46:12 PM »

very well said  Smiley Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: