Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:19:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Translation
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Translation  (Read 2309 times)
marzeliv
Guest
« on: August 25, 2007, 19:19:11 PM »

Hi. I saw a blog post about the future version of Pardus.
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~meren/blog/2007/08/19/276/

Unfortunately, I don't understand Turkish. Could someone translate it in English? Thanks in advance.
Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft
**
Posts: 61


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 21:54:57 PM »

It roughly translates to the following:

The fourth developers meeting will be held at 22 August.

The meeting will be held at the #pardus-devel channel of irc.freenode.net and
it will contain the following:


* Roadmap to 2007.3
- What features do we want?
- Things to add to Kaptan (contrib, gfx driver, network, etc.)

* Overall business
- How do we point out GPLv2 Only packages?
- Wat will our attitude be towards GPLv3 / LGPLv3
- When will the transformation of Translations.xml happen?
- Point out packages wich are looking for maintainer in Packager tags.

* Roadmap to 2008
- Python 2.5 migration
- Will KDE4 be used?
- What will happen to the contrib depository?
- Buildfarm for the devel depository
- Possible merger of the contrib despository with the devel depository

* Social things
- A Wiki responsable will be named
- A procedure of submitting news to Distrowatch.com will be created

* Discussion regarding the bugs at Bugzilla
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 15:37:04 PM by Mailman » Logged
marzeliv
Guest
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 23:21:22 PM »

It roughly transles to the following:

The fourth developers meeting will be held at 22 August.

The meeting will be held at the #pardus-devel channel of irc.freenode.net and
it will contain the following:


* Roadmap to 2007.3
- What features do we want?
- Things to add to Kaptan (contrib, gfx driver, network, etc.)

* Overall business
- How do we point out GPLv2 Only packages?
- Wat will our attitude be towards GPLv3 / LGPLv3
- When will the transformation of Translations.xml happen?
- Point out packages wich are looking for maintainer in Packager tags.

* Roadmap to 2008
- Python 2.5 migration
- Will KDE4 be used?
- What will happen to the contrib depository?
- Buildfarm for the devel depository
- Possible merger of the contrib despository with the devel depository

* Social things
- A Wiki responsable will be named
- A procedure of submitting news to Distrowatch.com will be created

* Discussion regarding the bugs at Bugzilla

Thank you very much.  Grin
Logged
Kavani
Guest
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:14:28 AM »

Thanks for the heads up!
Logged
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 1020



View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 15:50:48 PM »

THanks for translating man! Wish I could read more news about Pardus, since most is in Turkish...
Logged

For freedom...
roverrat
Pardus Master
***
Posts: 236



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 13:33:36 PM »

Does anyone know more about the outcome of the developer meeting?
Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft
**
Posts: 61


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 14:05:10 PM »

THanks for translating man! Wish I could read more news about Pardus, since most is in Turkish...

No problem Willem...:-)
Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft
**
Posts: 61


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 14:26:46 PM »

Does anyone know more about the outcome of the developer meeting?

You can find the notes at http://tr.pardus-wiki.org/22-08-2007_IRC_Toplant%C4%B1s%C4%B1#Toplant.C4.B1_G.C3.BCndemi_ve_Kararlar

Still in Turkish though. I'll try to translate it whenever I have the time.
Logged
roverrat
Pardus Master
***
Posts: 236



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 14:39:58 PM »

Thanks Mailman!

 As most of the people in this forum (myself included) don't speak turkish I'm sure your efforts are very much appreciated  Smiley
Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft
**
Posts: 61


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 15:45:29 PM »

Short translation of the notes from the dev meeting:

Roadmap to 2007.3
- Delta Package support
2007.3 will have Delta Package support. An additional buildfarm will
be prepared especially for this.

- Problems with unvisible applications in the menu
Although an interface exists, some applications are not accessible
from the menu. A solution will be implemented in Tasma where users
can choose between accessibility and clearness of the application menu.

- Overlay depositories of Pisi will NOT be implemented in 2007.3

- Package signatures WILL be applied to 2007.3

- Migration tool
A tool which can transfer personal data and settings from Windows to Pardus.
A test version of this tool will be released and packaged by Murat Ongan within 2-2.5 weeks and will be presented to the developers for discussion.

- Proxy Manager
A systemwide infrastructure of proxy management, which is being developed by Bertan Gündoğdu has very few shortcomings and will be applied in 2007.3

- Features to add or delete from Kaptan (contrib, gfx driver, network, etc.)
An interface with graphic card drivers will not be added to Kaptan
The option to add the contrib depository to Kaptan will not be shown to the user in Kaptan. This option will be added by Faik Uygur to the Package Manager in 2007.3

The network manager will not be embedded with Kaptan anymore.

Roadmap to 2008

- Migration to Python 2.5 WILL happen
- Migration to KDE4 will NOT happen
- The contrib and devel depository will merge
- Wiki responsible will be Uğur Çetin and Bertan Gündoğdu will assist him.

Submitting news to Distrowatch.com;
There are problems with creating some sort of a news bulletin, more then
submitting news to Distrowatch.com

Professional support will be seeked from Artistanbul.
News items will regularly be published both in English and Turkish.
This process will start from November


(Please note this is not a full translation of the meeting, I hope it makes sense...:-)
Logged
Mailman
Pardus fellow craft
**
Posts: 61


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 15:46:08 PM »

Thanks Mailman!

 As most of the people in this forum (myself included) don't speak turkish I'm sure your efforts are very much appreciated  Smiley

No problem roverrat...:-)
Logged
pettersolberg
Newbie
*
Gender: Male
Posts: 28


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 20:20:11 PM »

It's great to hear about future development plans of Pardus.

I just think about starting to learn turkish Cool
Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!