Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:04:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Installation & Afterwards
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installation & Afterwards  (Read 1284 times)
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2007, 00:05:17 AM »

Hello

I just installed Pardus 2007.2 to my friend's notebook. Believe me Installation took 2 hours  to complete. Why installation took so long. Anyway after installation, I run update command with "sudo pisi up". I realised webcam   doesn't working.

I tried to type "sudo lspci" & "sudo lsusb" but output of these commands gave me "command not found" error. My question is what happened to these commands? how can I get tham back?

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
Kavani
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 01:41:35 AM »

The commands are there.  You have be root to use them.  For whatever reason, sudo won't.  I had the same question not too long ago.  As far as the installation taking so long, mine typically stay at an hour.  Much longer than any of the other installers I've used.  I wish I could help you with that.
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:17:59 AM »

Hello Kavani,

>>You have be root to use them.

Hmm, I guess I want to say type "su" first in order to become root and then type "lsusb"  Huh? 

>>For whatever reason, sudo won't

Do developers aware of that? It's very stupid not to be able to use them with sudo. I could sudo all of these commands on ubuntu.

>>As far as the installation taking so long, mine typically stay at an hour.

I believe you're lucky.  Embarrassed

regards
H.E.

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:57 AM »

The commands are there.  You have be root to use them.  For whatever reason, sudo won't.

Both commands are located in the /usr/sbin directory which isn't in the PATH of a normal user. That's the reason why "sudo lspci" wont't work. It will however if you do

sudo /usr/sbin/lspci

Awkward, I know...

As a quick fix you could add /usr/sbin to your path like so:

Code:
PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
export $PATH

Or, for a more permanent solution, put this in your .bashrc

Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin

Cheers,
Alex
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 09:29:33 AM by roverrat » Logged
Kavani
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 22:13:39 PM »

That never crossed my mind!  Thanks roverrat!
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 21:46:49 PM »

Highenergy mentioned that installation takes two hour. It always takes me no more than 27 minutes to install Pardus, felise or caracal, on my desktop pc. Plus 750mb to a gig of pkg update and upgrade takes 1 and a half to 2 hours due to way too slow verizon dsl.

If you have a freshly installed caracal, upgraded or not, and cam don't work, can't you uninstall all web cam pkg's and drivers and reinstall without the conflicting pkg.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: