Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:22:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello everyone - From Sweden
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello everyone - From Sweden  (Read 1155 times)
Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2007, 09:39:50 AM »

Hello, im from sweden and been using linux for awhile.
dont think there is much swedish users in here yet. But will try to change that part.
As i love Pardus and will offcourse make other swedish users love it too  Cool

Mailman
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 17:38:42 PM »

Hi Zinden,

Welcome to the forum.
It's good to know Pardus has spread to Sweden as well...:-)
Kavani
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 02:39:42 AM »

Welcome!
Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:16:59 PM »

I can tell little about my distro testings:

Fedora:
Cant get my wireless card to work from start. (needs internet and its hard when my wireless is out of order)
Very hard to install some stuff, alot of console typings. Very ugly layout from start.

SabayonLinux:
Very easy install and fixes compiz with ati drivers from "out of the box". Takes long time to install things, it takes source and compiles it. hard to update the system, alot of useless stuff from start.

Zenwalk:
Too much program from start, didnt support my wireless card either. So i couldent get internet from this one. uses xfce as X system, didnt like it at all.

Ubuntu:
kinda ok distro, but seems slow for me. its built for slower computer. isnt compatible with debian.

pclinuxos:
Very stable system, but they want money to use "faster update package adress" and thats a lame way to earn money. They dont know when they are releasing a new version either. Dont got much in package manager. Using RPM packages, and i dont like them  Cheesy

Ive tested more, but many of them dont support closed drivers from start...meaning i cant get my wireless card to work.

Kavani
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 15:16:19 PM »

Ubuntu:
kinda ok distro, but seems slow for me. its built for slower computer. isnt compatible with debian.

Never had a problem debian compatibility.  Odd, that's just me though.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: