Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 20:41:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  Rank system in package manager
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rank system in package manager  (Read 1600 times)
Zinden
Pardus Master

www.Pardus-linux.se

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2007, 21:19:27 PM »

I would like to see maybe some rankings of programs. So you get some kind of info what other users thinks of the programs in package manager....

marzeliv
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 22:37:53 PM »

The idea is useless, if you want to ask about a program do it here in the forum.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 00:43:30 AM »

I think it would be a perfect idea, some kind of review information! But who will rank and review all these hundreds of programs??

For freedom...
marzeliv
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

I think it would be a perfect idea, some kind of review information! But who will rank and review all these hundreds of programs??

That's the problem. Maybe a stars ranking will do the job. -

If ranking system is developed, why not add more options like those of http://www.cnr.com . For example - screenshots, comments, release notes and more detailed categories (Not just, for instance "network" but  "connectivity", "download managers", "email", "ftp", "instant messaging", "P2P", "RSS readers & news", "security", "remote access", "web browsers").
To be honest, all those things I mentioned are just additional extras, the important thing is that pisi works perfectly.
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »

I agree with marzeliv. This forum is a good place to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of certain programs. Besides: who will do the ranking? It will take loads of time. Let's instead concentrate on making more good documentation available  Wink
Kavani
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 22:19:28 PM »

I agree with roverrat on the documentation, but I see where you were coming from on the ranking system.  Instead of having one person do the ranking, have a user ranking or vote on it?  The biggest thing is that PiSi keeps working.  All others are just extra stuff.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: