Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 01:54:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Laptop
| | |-+  sound settings can not be saved
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sound settings can not be saved  (Read 1672 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »

I have alot of audio problems with pardus linux, it is not saving the audio session, no optiion to save it even, and when i boot up to pardus with the usb headset logitech plugged in, then sound only through headset, no speakers at all, also when I go to change to hdaudio it stay`s on headset, so I have to unplug them then no audio at all, then I have to boot up with the headset unplugged, only then I have sound through speakers.
then when on skype i have every time i boot up from pardus to reconfigure that it works through headset.
I hope someone uses pardus on acer aspire can help me, exept the audio problems it is a fine distro. I would much apriciate it if someone could help me here.
thank you very much in advance.
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 17:03:07 PM »

I'm sorry that it does appear you are having different problems with different audio settings.
You must be doing big things,or trying. I commend you.
Pardus, no doubt, can probably handle all your audio needs.

I use "all" of alsa's driver package's.
I have a SB audigy4 card powered by alsa's drvers. networkaudio and nonnetwork audio.
Have you tried disabling audio device in your bio's.

If you get no further tip's, I would simply break down my audio packages and reinstall them experimenting with what works and what does'nt.

ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 14:35:11 PM »

thanks for yourresponds, but now I found out I can configure to save it in kmix, but still i mus unplug my usb logitech headset for to have soundwhen booting up, and then replugin for talking on x-lite and on skype.
Yes true so, I use lots of multimedia, but I will do what you told me, download and install all the alsa drivers and then see if it is better.
otherwise am very pleased with pardus, and I stick with it.
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 00:23:34 AM »

OK,... so you're saying that you must boot pardus with "headset usb" unplugged,
so that kmix can start properly. Once kmix is up and running, only then you can plug headset to use skypes.

Don't forget to try and  disable audio in your machines bio.

Pardus does function fair to really really good on my machine and installs fast too.
Sry I can't be of any more help.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: