Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 18:34:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  SLI and Pardus
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLI and Pardus  (Read 3439 times)
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 18:01:10 PM »

I need to know which packages are needed, to fire up sli features in "nvidia-settings"

1. Should i exit x, into "init3"?
2. unload kernal module, "rmmod nvidia"?
3. Then install and configure linux nvidia driver package  "sh /etc/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.11-pkg1.run"?

SFR is basically what im trying to accomplish.
(SFR) Split Frame rendering
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 18:46:04 PM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 19:26:13 PM »

I need to adopt (instill) in Pardus NVIDIA SLI FrameRendering.

Instead of using linux basic "Multi-GPU,

I need to instill NVIDIA SLI.

Distinction's between SLI and Multi-GPU.

Multi-GPU is used to leverage the processing power of two GPUs colocated on the same graphics card.

SLI is used to leverage the processing power of GPUs across two or more graphics cards

(SFR) Split Frame Rendering.

Meaning, when sli feature is available in (nvidia-settings), I can then set all power to a "single screen mode(1 monitor), and further set it to (SFR) powering half my screen with 512mb of (video card1) while powering another 512mb's to other half of screen with (video card2). Two 7300gt's are at the ready.

I believe.No fxn doubt. Pardus Is Willing and More than capable!.

At this very moment hundreds even thousands of SLI junkies are in need and or are demanding some simple
solutions here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 00:04:56 AM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 16:22:46 PM »

Note: I just found out one of my graphic card's fan went dead.

Pci and pci x16 slots that carry cards with built in fans, should have adequate space for air flow.

This was due to a sound blaster sound card being the next slot under video card two preventing it from breathing and or recieving proper ventilation.

Fans go out on NVIDIA cards not notifying the owner. NVIDIA card keeps running and performing good while hot! untill one or some of NVIDIA cards gpu's get damaged due to over heating rendering the card a total loss.

Becareful, let all your cards be ventilated especially if you're running a high performance pc.
My nvid card is being sent for repair or replacement.

I will soon have the dynamic duo back in my motherboard.

I would to still like read any and all post regarding sli,  so if you can share a tip or two the Pardus community will be very thankful.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 23:21:52 PM by DANHO » Logged
Kavani
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2007, 19:40:58 PM »

I found out Pardus already starts in init3.  I'm still looking, but have some work that needs my attention immediately.
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2007, 20:59:17 PM »

Hey,thanks Kevani. I took 1 of my video cards back to shop for manufactorer's replacement or repair. Fan froze. About another 4 weeks till i get it back.

I'll be looking for SLI solutions.
Untill then i can't test sli on Pardus.
Thanks again.

Rainy days with only 1 vcard, i'm starting to fade.
Close the castle's gates!  nForce's have been reduce to rubble.
I feel Sli-ologically unpure.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 21:08:47 PM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 23:20:25 PM »

Note: I just found out one of my graphic card's fan went dead.

Pci and pci x16 slots that carry cards with built in fans, should have adequate space for air flow.

This was due to a sound blaster sound card being the next slot under video card two preventing it from breathing and or recieving proper ventilation.

Fans go out on NVIDIA cards not notifying the owner. NVIDIA card keeps running and performing good while hot! untill one or some of NVIDIA cards gpu's get damaged due to over heating rendering the card a total loss.

Becareful, let all your cards be ventilated especially if you're running a high performance pc.
My nvid card is being sent for repair or replacement.

I will soon have the dynamic duo back in my motherboard.

I would still to like read any and all post regarding sli so if you can share a tip or two the Pardus community will be very thankful.
Kavani
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 03:21:25 AM »

Any news with your card?
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 07:58:09 AM »

Not yet. It will be about  2-3 weeks. Im somewhat impress that I still get good graphics with 1 videocard.
Did you dig any tips on sli?

Kavani
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »

None, outside what I've found so far. I'll keep at it.
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2007, 18:31:56 PM »

Went to buy a 10/100 card yesterday and surprisenly the clerk handed me a new evga 7300gt in the box. Im assuming its brand new.Surrand Wrapped. Nvidia replaced the broken fan card with a new card. cool huh. I've been looking at two new asus nvidia 8500gt and might gettem maybe by end next month and sell this new 7300gt i just got.
The asus 8500gt is not fan cooled but just has a slab of aluminum fins for air cool.
After that fan went out in the 7300, i'm going to be a bit more careful.
I moved soundblaster card to the bottom slot to allow PCIX16_1  slot(still empty) breathing room.
A month and a half can easily go by without me inspecting my machine. If i hadn't notice the busted fan, the video card would of overheated in a damaging climate.
I do go a full 17-19 hour day "sometimes" in exploding online combat.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: