Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:16:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  NVIDIA Cards
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NVIDIA Cards  (Read 1836 times)
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2007, 16:26:17 PM »

Note: I just found out one of my graphic card's fan went dead.

Pci and pci x16 slots that carry cards with built in fans, should have adequate space for air flow.

This was due to a sound blaster sound card being in the next slot under video card two preventing it from breathing and or recieving proper ventilation.

Fans go out on NVIDIA cards "NOT" notifying the user. NVIDIA card keeps running and performing good while hot! untill one or some of NVIDIA cards gpu's get damaged due to over heating rendering the card a total loss.

Becareful, let all your cards be ventilated especially if you're running a high performance pc.
My nvid card is being sent for repair or replacement.

Try and buy your hardware with 30 full money back  and or a 1 year manufacturer's
waranty.

Inspect it to the bone upon recieving product.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:08:54 AM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 18:32:19 PM »

Went to buy a 10/100 ethernet card yesterday and surprisenly the clerk handed me a new evga 7300gt in the box. Im assuming its brand new.Surrand Wrapped. Nvidia replaced my card that had a broken fan with a new card. cool huh. I've been looking at two new asus nvidia 8500gt and might gettem maybe by end next month and sell this new 7300gt i just got.
The asus 8500gt is not fan cooled but just has a slab of aluminum fins for air cool.
After that fan went out in the 7300, i'm going to be a bit more careful.
I moved soundblaster card to the bottom slot to allow PCIX16_1  slot(still empty) breathing room.
A month and a half can easily go by without me inspecting my machine. If i hadn't notice the busted fan, the video card would of overheated in a damaging climate.
I do go a full 17-19 hour day "sometimes" in exploding online combat.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:06:38 AM by DANHO » Logged
Lloyd De Jongh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 17:22:57 PM »

That's good info. I'm in the market for a new PC. Got any tips?

I'm not a gamer of note, but I'm happy to go for a really good system. I also want good support for Compiz in pardus, so a good video card is required.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 20:56:22 PM »

Hey Loyd, you've posted some interesting topics here in this forum. Im not familiar with compiz, nor am i an expert with pc hardware.
But, adding to above recent post on my evga's 7300gt nvidia, Im set on getting 2 aircooled cards. Asus 8500's to match my asus mb and for the cooling technique.
Affordable at about $90.
The 7300's did and still do perform good. "a computer store" installed my pc from scratch. I chose which hardware to install minus installation in conjuction with the 1 year warranties on my main expensive parts. This paid off in way of recieving my brand new replacement in a weeek and a half instead of the 3-4 weeks + the mumbo back and forth jumbo. "The unawared pc builder slotted PC12 with sound blaster card right under PCIEX16_2 ....(the 2nd video card) causing it to ventilate it's own heat. Hooking up a light to those fans would be techy. A slight back surge will send these tiny fans back to freeze-ville.
I've yet to install the new replacement back into general population. The single evga 7300gt kicks up good graphics in 3D mode by itself. 512mb's a piece,that's like 256mb of pure mossfett power.
Note that the more expensive video cards $500 have not only the fan above the gpu's but a duct covering the whole card to flow air through out.
Good luck on the card. Dont forget that warranty.
                                      Got any tips on setting up a personal web server and hosting it from home?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:09:14 AM by DANHO » Logged
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 23:33:18 PM »

My old habbit was to simply install the packages(glx,kernel,tools) from Package Manager then run codes in a konsole.

Code:
sudo pisi ur
sudo pisi it nvidia-kernel nvidia-glx nvidia-tools
sudo nvidia-xconfig

I learned that by uninstalling nvidia packages in Package Manager then running codes in a konsole, your kernel? gets upgraded or built better?at the same time installing the appropriate nvidia packages resulting in much better graphs than I had already.

DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 19:13:07 PM »

November 21,2007

If you're using nvidia drvers from nvidia website, Then you should check to see if your driver has
been updated.

Drivers for 7300gt on linux32bit has been updated.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: