Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 15:22:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  NetLimiter like program
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NetLimiter like program  (Read 812 times)
chimax

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2007, 13:07:22 PM »

I am using Pardus for only few weeks now. When I installed it, a main feature I looked for was a program like the NetLimiter that runs under WiN. NetLimiter is an application that lets you control the bandwidth - connection speed in relevance to the IPs you are connected to, the applications you are running, and also overall up and download speeds. I tried some apps under Pardus, but they dont let you control the bandwidth by an IP specific manner, they rather shape it for a given application or overall for the machine.
I hope it is clear what i wanna tell Smiley

Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 13:21:28 PM »

Please install "trickle" from Contrib repository and visit http://www.go2linux.org/node/76.
chimax

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 16:21:17 PM »

As far as I had tried trickle out:
it is not possible to shape the upload or download speeds in regard to IPs that are connected to my pc or IPs I am connected to. This matters especially if you are using a sharing program running with multiple (and different IPs) connections simultaneously. What I could perform was (with trickle) to limit the overall download or upload speed for a given application, not the individual IPs running within that given app.
And its a pitfall that trickle only shapes TCP but UDP.
Thanks anyway.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: