Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:43:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Installing BeFS Driver
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing BeFS Driver  (Read 1103 times)
skiddoo

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2007, 13:59:55 PM »

My Pre-Linux OS was Zeta. That is the follower of BeOS. Zeta use the BeFS as Filesystem. And some of my Data are still on a partition with the BeFS. There are a BeFS driver for Linux and I try to install that driver. But the compiling abort with the following message:

make: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »/usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h«,
  benötigt von »datastream.d«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.

I try to translate the message:

There are no rule to create the target >>/usr/src/linux/linux/include/linux/modeversion.h<<. Required by >>datastream.d<<.

I have installed the kernel-source by the package manager.

You can download the driver on http://befs-driver.sourceforge.net/

I have absolute no idea. I hope sombody can help me.
benvdh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 20:54:19 PM »

Hey,

The code you've downloaded is still quite old, from what I've read on their website the 'latest' version of the code was made available even before the 2.6 kernel was released. So probably that's the cause of the code not compiling. When I discovered that, I went on searching with google and found that BeFS is already available in the current kernel-source[1]. It should also be available in the pardus kernel tree, but probably it's not compiled yet. So the only thing you have to do is recompile the pardus kernel and add the BeFS support under FS (filesystems). There are quite a lot of how-to's on the internet on recompiling a kernel, so I won't describe it here.

Regards,

Ben

ps. If you can't find them, please post back again, and I'll post some instructions.
skiddoo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:01:48 AM »

Something has gone wrong! The BeFS don't work and I have no sound now (/dev/dsp not found). I've done following steps as root to compile the kernel:

cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.8.18-86

make xconfig

Then i choose the BEFS Module and save the file.

make

make modules

make modules_install

make install

After that I rebooted the system.

Whilst the compiling I've got the error message that the file include/config/auto.conf is 8e+4 houres in the future. Is that the reason?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 07:23:19 AM by skiddoo » Logged
skiddoo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:25:50 AM »

I attached the Error Message on these poste.

* Sound Error.png (27.38 KB, 505x265 - viewed 57 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: