Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:43:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  kdenlive 0.5 does not open
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: kdenlive 0.5 does not open  (Read 1624 times)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2007, 15:37:47 PM »

Had kdenlive 0.4 running in Pardus, now after the upgrade to 0.5 the program halts upon launching / does not open at all anymore.

A try via Pisibul results in error messages like
Code:
Sandbox violation: open (/usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qtrc.lock -> /usr/qt/3/etc/settings/.qtrc.lock)

How do i get kdenlive back to work in Pardus?

Trying to open kdenlive in the Konsole gives:
Code:
michiel@zandbelt ~ $ kdenlive
kdenlive: error while loading shared libraries: libmlt.so.0.2.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 15:40:15 PM by medman » Logged

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 20:22:16 PM »

It appears that kdenlive 0.5 pisi package looks for libmlt.so.0.2.2, however the new kdenlive 0.5 version in contrast to the 0.4 version requires libmlt.so.0.2.4.
When I install libmlt.so.0.2.4 by ways of Pisibul, I get an openingslogo but shortly after that still a carsh. In the Konsole it then appears that although libmlt.so.0.2.4 has now been installed the kdenlive package still keeps looking for libmlt.so.0.2.2.

Is there anyway to change this?

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:49 AM »

Update on this from Bugzilla

--- Comment #7 from S.Çağlar ONUR <caglar@pardus.org.tr>  2007-09-23 02:13:39 ---
(In reply to comment #5)
> Could someone please try to give an answer in eglish too?

mlt version is wrong in repository and also in index Sad, so pisi cannot upgrade
that package for now.
Code:
pisi it http://paketler.pardus.org.tr/pardus-2007/mlt-0.2.4-6-3.pisi
may solve that problem until we solve the real problem...

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »

This indeed did the trick, kdenlive 0.5 now works (again) in Pardus

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 15:57:14 PM »

Read this in the kdenlive forums in answer to someone complaining that the KDE3 version of kdenlive is no longer supported and he/she could not run KDE4 on the current hardware.

I was not aware of the fact that this KDE4 ported program - and perhaps other applications as well- do not necessarily need running an KDE4 environment as a whole, but rather some KDE4 modules only and as such can be used in KDE3 as well.
(More or less analogue on running Gnome software in an KDE desktop environment I suppose).

=============================

The good news is, that you do not need to actually run KDE4 to use Kdenlive for KDE4. You do need some parts of KDE4 installed on your PC to compile and run it, but you do not need to run the entire KDE4 suite. If you have trouble building/obtaining the KDE4/qt4 version of Kdenlive, please consult http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Kdenlive/G ... installing

I do run Kdenlive 4, but do not run KDE4 myself. (I run KDE3, 3.5.9 as you to be more specific).

You may especially be interessted in the Kdenlive Builder Wizard, available at http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=85826 . Disclaimer: I wrote the wizard, but I do stand behind it, and would be happy to try and help you resolve any issues you may have with it, and using it to build the KDE4 version of Kdenlive.

As far as I understand "You only need Kde4 dev environment installed" . Haven't tried this out yet, importantly to state that all versions of kdenlive (up to 0.7) are still development releases and not really stable so far. However it remains a promising video editor, unfortunately there are only two and occassionally three people working on this application.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 16:11:27 PM by Michiel » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: