Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:35:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  usb headset sound and printout size problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: usb headset sound and printout size problem  (Read 1475 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »

I guess this is a  bug, so I post this here.
Always when I boot up with my usb logitech headset plugged in,
I don`t get any sound on speakers, only from the usb headset I have sound.
but from the speakers I get a horrible noice so that I have to shut down speakers.
Then i have always to reboot and boot up without the usb headet plugged in. this is odd,
cause then the speakers work without a problem.
I have pardus 2007.2 installed.
Then I have a problem with printing system, I want to print the original sie to my printer and I configure it right from printer settings, and still it prints alot more smaller.
I tried the same thing on pclinuxos, and there it prints it the original size of the document.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »

well no one replys to my posts, why?  Huh?
Kavani
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »

I think it because of the uniqueness of the problem.  Many of the people I've talked to about the USB headsets, say they boot with out them plugged in and all is fine.  I'm not sure if it has something to do with the kernel or the relative newness of the USB headset.  Have you had any updates or tried the other repositories?

On the printer problem, CUPS isn't allowing you to change the settings?  There is an update for CUPS in either the Contrib repository or the test repository (I'm not sure which).
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 19:33:58 PM »

Hi, thanks for your response. I have looked in the Repo for CUPS but couldn`t find it.
I have only the one Repo, exept this I also have Pisibul, also I  did and upgreade and now I have twice the same Kernel, how is this?
As to my usb headset it is most time    I just forget to unplug it and then I have always to restart the who system, and when I boot up unplugged, then I have always to reconfigure skyp and also to restart kmix for that will show up my usb headset and I have to reconfigure that i hear on skype, otherwise it would not be so much a problem, but all this reconfiguring always.
P.S. i found now cups, it is already installed, so how to find an update i don`t no. I have guenprint and ghoststrip installed, all. so i am puzzled, I use also the right driver for my canon printer, or maybe I did a misstake by setting up?
Kavani
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 21:40:35 PM »

The double entry of the same kernel number, isn't anything to worry about.  It lets you know you are booting up a changed kernel.  If you are comfortable with the new update, you can comment out the older entry by editing the /boot/grub/menu.lst as root.  Just add a # to the beginning of each line in the older entry.

For the extra repos, refer to Eran's post, here.  Once I get home, I'll post an example.  But with the extra repos, there might be an update for CUPS and KMix. 
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 17:58:11 PM »

Ilanesh, I hope you don't ever feel discourage on this forum if a response is not always quickly forthcoming.  Like Kevani mentioned, "It's the Uniqueness of the problem" g1 kev.

As i think more and more about this usb headset fiasco, i am starting to clearly remember now that, from working and living in LAX, I've entered many offices and especially in the mornings(start of work day) and i've always notice,visually, that secretaries(office workers)manually click a switch or two to positioned themselve for communication and or to boot computer and position themselves for client communications.
sry i coulndn't be of great help.But i just saved me a bundle on car insurance.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 11:39:07 AM »

Hi DANHO, thanks for your reply,  Smiley Wink Grin, and thanks for encouraging me not to give up when there is not always a reply so soon as i need, I have to learn be patience, and this is a great forum here, I like how the people here are nice, and don`t attack others like I have seen it in other forums.
I get along now with that few clicks after booting up, thanks.
Have a nice day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: