Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:41:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  install failure: reboot after menu selection
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: install failure: reboot after menu selection  (Read 2062 times)
wybelitious

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2007, 23:13:12 PM »

hello,

I would really like to use Pardus, but it does not install at all:
- after booting the ISO, I select an installation (either normal, std grafics or minimal)
- Then the harddisk LED is busy for a few seconds and I see the following message at the top of my screen: (hd31): filesystem type is ISO9660, using whole disk
- and then the system reboots...

I tried Kurulan 2007 as well as Kurulan 2007.2 and they both reboot after selecting an installation (but only 2007.2 gives the above message). Trying other languages does not help. I start the installation with a completely empty (non-partitioned) harddisk.
The pc is in perfect condition and ran WinXP without problems. I also used Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Deli Linux, Minix, ClarkConnect on that exact hardware without any problems.
- the hardware is ok (installs and runs other OS'es)
- the ISO is ok (installs on another PC, both 2007 and 2007.2 do not install on this pc)
- the CD-drive is ok (installs other ISO's of other OS'es ok)

does anybody know how I can fix this?
does anybody run Kurulan 2007(.2) on a VIA EPIA 800 mobo?

hardware:
VIA EPIA 800 mb with VIA C3 800 MHz processor
256MB RAM
hd: 30GB Maxtor, pri IDE, ATA100, master
CDROM: AOpen, sec IDE, PIO 4, master
chipset: VIA Apollo PLE133 North Bridge
video: onboard (integrated), part of the Apollo chipset

thnx!
Wybe
Kavani
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:46:44 AM »

You might need to start with one of the other options, Standard Option or Minimum graphics mode.  See what that does.
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:23:54 PM »

Hi Wybe,

have you tried the Pardus live CD? Does that run on your hardware?
wybelitious

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 20:03:08 PM »

You might need to start with one of the other options, Standard Option or Minimum graphics mode.  See what that does.

I tried that, no result (not with 2007 and not with 2007.2)
wybelitious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 20:04:07 PM »

Hi Wybe,

have you tried the Pardus live CD? Does that run on your hardware?

thnx for the suggestion!  I will try that and post the result here!
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 15:58:42 PM »

Pardus is rebooting before install can begin? That's odd. First time i hear of this one.
I've heard of pardus making past partitioning option at least.

Your Maxtor hd should be alright. I've just installed Pardus on second pc with  pentium3  447. ghz. and a  maxtor 10gig hd.

If the pc you're hagling with right now has no other operating system installed, try and reset your bio's to default settings. Then run iso install.
Note: Fudging with bio's not recomended, but go figure; iso install is good because it installs on other pc's. Your hardware seems good because you've installed other os's (xp) on it.

Also note bro or sis; cd-rom must be performing good. I've gotten (broken install errors) due to using cd-roms that perform under standard.

This is the Twilight Zone.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 16:04:00 PM by DANHO » Logged
wybelitious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 17:35:15 PM »

tried everything, but no luck. Even the live-CD version does reboot spontaneously after selecting a (random) language and one of the install options. Resetting BIOS settings (of trying different BIOS settings) did not help. Changing the IDE channels (CDROM and HD on the same channel, different channel, etc) did not change anything. There is just no way to get Pardus running on the pc. Very frustrating indeed.
At last I took the Xubuntu CD and installed it within 10 minutes and without any problem at all. It's a pity, it would have been nice to use a distribution like Pardus, but it just does not run on my hardware.

ciao,
wybe
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 13:58:59 PM »

Sorry to hear that Wybe.

As a last resort you might post your problem to the pardus mailing list

http://liste.uludag.org.tr/mailman/listinfo

Perhaps someone there can come up with a suggestion.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: