Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:33:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Evolution Mail Client
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evolution Mail Client  (Read 911 times)
gladman1982
« on: October 03, 2007, 16:10:46 PM »

I am getting very frustrated with Kontact. I tried installing it, and it works really fine (on my workstation that is). However, I tried sending emails, and it comes outdated by one day, as in the recepient recieves it one day earlier.

This has happened a number of times, however I am also trying to install my companies' default signature which is in html and has an image on it, but it is not possible in Kmail, which I found out from reading through forums.

Evolution, solves all of these problems and works seamlessly within my company's IT infrastructure, which is MS Exchange 2007 and also has support for the signatures, however I am trying to install it, but Pardus doesnt have a package available for Evolution. Is there anyway I can use Evolution on Pardus? I am a linux newbie, and source code installation is extremely new to me.

I intend to use Pardus, but if I cannot abide by my companies' standard, I will have to revert to CentOS. or more propriety software like Microsoft OS. How do I go about doing this? Please help URGENTLY!
Kavani
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 17:59:11 PM »

I use Thunderbird and haven't had a problem.  I never did get a warm fuzzy with Kontact.  If Evolution is available in the package manager, you'll be able to install it without a problem. 
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 20:51:07 PM »

Evolution currently doesn't seem to be available as a pisi package. You could  add it to the "wishlist" in this forum. One of the developers or some other kindly soul might pick it up ;-)

And as Kavani pointed out Thunderbird might be a viable alternative.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: