Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:44:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Beryl / Compiz Fusion issue
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beryl / Compiz Fusion issue  (Read 857 times)
Lloyd De Jongh

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2007, 16:51:05 PM »

Hi all

I see my colleague has been posting on the forums, I got him hooked onto Pardus and he is really enjoying it.

I've handed my installation CD to another associate (Solaris admin) while chatting about Linux. I'm more sure every week Pardus is the way Linux will develop in the future.

Now for my problem. I have an HP Pavilion ze2000 laptop, and a few weeks ago I had Beryl running with no issues, though with only a handful of effects. Since the switch to Compiz I can get no effects to work. I load the package, which animates the cursor for a while, and then dies with no message.

I can't trace anything in the logs, and no errors are output to the screen.

Any clues on where to begin looking?

I am purchasing a new PC soon, bought the keyboard last night (Logitech G11). Pardus is definitely going onto it :-)

Regards

Lloyd

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut
Mhmrcs
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:57:45 AM »

Try re-installing your graphics card and or Compiz-Fusion.

Instructions on how to install your graphics card can be found at the above link:
http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=2278.msg10507#msg10507

If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest version of Pardus 2008.1, if this problem is a bug, it may have been patched.
To update:
Run: Konsole [Programs>System>Konsole]
Type: "sudo pisi up"

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: