Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 06:40:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Greetings from New Hampshire, USA
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings from New Hampshire, USA  (Read 1253 times)
codedude

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:24 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Mike and I've goofed around with Linux since 1995, but never really learned anything much about it.  Roll Eyes Or shall I say enough to be productive with it. I'd say I've done around 40 different Linux/BSD installs in the past couple of months on my laptop, and I have to say that after installing Pardus I immediately felt that this was the most polished distro that I ran across. It runs really well on my laptop so far, and I intend to use it for quite a while.  Cool

As I learn more I intend to become involved in the community, hopefully contributing to the wiki early on, but perhaps to development needs as I learn more about Linux. I'm a .Net developer by day and would like to see a MonoDevelop package for Pardus soon. :-)

Congratulations to the Pardus team on the brilliant work of this distro to date.  Grin
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 06:46:06 AM »

Hi codedude,
welcome! Nice to have you hear. We sure need more people who want to work on the documentation, so I am pleased to hear that you would like to help on the forum!

Kind regard
Willem

For freedom...
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 20:10:09 PM »

Hello, welcome to Pardus community. Monodevelop is hard to package and it needs time Sad Could you use other applications for developing until monodeveloper has been packaged?
codedude

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:38:33 AM »

Thank you for the welcome, and yes, of course I can use other applications till then. My desire to see more Mono packages within Pardus is a goal or vision, so to speak. This is not a crisis for me at all, and I now understand the complexity of building that package. I very much am happy to receive a reply so quickly concerning the request, but am fully content to wait for the package when other pressing items are more important. Perhaps I will be able to get up to speed on Pardus and Linux quickly enough to help with package building within the next month or two.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: