Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:25:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Open Office memory leak?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open Office memory leak?  (Read 746 times)
Kavani
« on: October 08, 2007, 13:37:26 PM »

Just to be sure my original install wasn't the issue, I did a clean install of Pardus 2007.2 with the test and contrib repositories.  But after the reinstall I still have the same problems.  Writer works fine, but all the other Open Office programs lock up and suck the life from my laptop.  Anyone else have this issue?

Edit 1:  Until a few weeks ago, I had no need for anything but Writer, but when I went to open up the others, is when it hit me.  I've uninstalled OOo and will compile the core from source sometime this weekend.  Hopefully this'll help.

Edit 2:  Well, it seems to be the update to Open Office.  *sigh*  Due to my current needs, Pardus will have to fall back to my secondary distro.  As soon as I figure out how to fix the majority of these issues, I plan on making Pardus my #1 again.

Edit 3:  Okay, the bad update was from the test repository.  Clean install and update with just the pardus-2007.2 repo left it working and happy.  That solves a chuck of them.  Cheesy  Now to figure out the printer...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:21:11 AM by Kavani » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: