Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:59:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus and UTC harware clock
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus and UTC harware clock  (Read 2628 times)
madcap

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:18:01 AM »

Hello,
Pardus seems to fit only with the hardware clock set to local time. Many distros leave the choice between UTC and localtime.
Any issue?
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 11:39:29 AM »

What exactly do you mean with "issue" madcap?

With Linux you can use the command hwclock to set the system's (hardware) clock. This works under pardus as well.
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »

What exactly do you mean with "issue" madcap?

With Linux you can use the command hwclock to set the system's (hardware) clock. This works under pardus as well.

My english is bad and often wrong.I'm french, sorry. When the hardware clock is set to UTC, Pardus is one hour late in France. I want to keep this hardware clock to UTC and have the accurate time on Pardus.
Hope I am clear this time
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 12:20:54 PM »

I don't know Pardus well enough to say if there is a setting somewhere for the hardware clock (to set it to either localtime or UTC)

What you can do if you prefer to keep the hardware clock in UTC is setting the system clock first and then set the hardware clock to the current system clock as follows

Code:
sudo /sbin/hwclock --systohc --utc

I hope this helps,
cheers,
Alex
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 13:14:38 PM »

I don't know Pardus well enough to say if there is a setting somewhere for the hardware clock (to set it to either localtime or UTC)

This is that I would like to know. I have found a file in /etc where you can write "UTC", that's works until the next boot then "local" comes again. I woud like to find an official solution.
Thanks.

roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 13:51:26 PM »

ah, which file is that?
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 17:08:32 PM »

ah, which file is that?
/etc/adjtime
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 00:17:58 AM »

The solution II found is in :
 /sbin/mudur.py
The main initialisation script. I just had to replace local  by UTC .
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

I'm glad you got it working  Smiley

It would be still better if Pardus would give you the choice between localtime and UTC.
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »

It would be still better if Pardus would give you the choice between localtime and UTC.

It give the choice but not the easy way. And localtime is the good choice for newbies who are almost always on dual boot Windows/Linux.
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2007, 11:14:22 AM »

Yes, you're right there but I still wish it were left to the user to decide what setting they want. You could for example set the default to localtime (like it is now) and then have some "advanced settings" in Tasma to change this to UTC if needed.
madcap

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 13:17:16 PM »

Yes, you're right there but I still wish it were left to the user to decide what setting they want. You could for example set the default to localtime (like it is now) and then have some "advanced settings" in Tasma to change this to UTC if needed.

I agree with your "advancet settings" idea
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: