Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 19:39:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  pardus won't install
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pardus won't install  (Read 1960 times)
jhl

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2007, 00:24:46 AM »

I tried to install pardus on my old pc without any luck

It has an  AMD-K6-2 400MHz processor and an ATI mach64 videocard
memmory is 384 Mb big and winXP worked nicely.

In configurationmode I chose the option for the  videokaart "AUTO" as wel as "ON SYSTEM" but with no succes.
The live cd  didn't work either. both cd's did work on another pc.

I only get to see the screens for choosing standard mode or other
 and for choosing a language.

After that it re-boots and I can choose everything again. and again and again.

I saw texts like      "loading stage 2"   and    "(hd44) filesystemtype is iso 9660 using whole disc"

Is their a solution to my problem?
Panthera Tigris

Pardus For Freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 02:04:29 AM »

I had a similar problem.I chose English as my install language than I chose '' Minimal Installation'' as far as I remember .Then the installation started.Burn the iso  on a good cd with 32x or less (not 52x because there may be faults) and try minimal install.Hope you come over it  Wink
jhl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 14:41:23 PM »

I gues pardus is too heavy for this PC. I installed Xubuntu and is works just fine. (still some minor problems with other software/plug-ins)
Have still some doubt to install pardus on my newer pc, on a partition of it's own, next  to XP as a double booting system. (after all, XP works allright for me.)
Is their anyone to confins me of the advantages to do so??
Kavani
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 18:02:34 PM »

"loading stage 2"   and    "(hd44) filesystemtype is iso 9660 using whole disc"

Those are normal.  I've seen them with my installs of Pardus.  Try the minimum install.  You can get xfce to work with Pardus, it just takes some configuration.  If I can find it, Eren had a very good walk through on getting xfce to work.
jhl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 17:01:51 PM »

tried to install lynx (2007.3) but again when it has to format the partitions i chose to install pardus it just stops. the same problem as 2007.2 (caracal)
who to overcome this problem?
i do not wish to use the whole disk (several other partitions carry important data)
Kavani
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 17:40:47 PM »

There is an option to partition your hard disk manually.  I recommend using a live cd and making a partition that you can install Pardus on as well as a swap partition.  Choose the minimum install (if you haven't already).  When you get to the partitioning screen, choose to manually partition.  Just keep track of all your partitions!  Hopefully it won't freeze up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: