Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:57:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Hard Disk problem... necessary reformat. Is new version coming out?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Disk problem... necessary reformat. Is new version coming out?  (Read 1177 times)
brjoon1021

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007, 23:13:25 PM »

Hard Disk problems forced me to reformat the disk. So, before reinstalling 2007.2, I wanted to know if a new release was imminent. In that case, I will wait for the new release.

Is Pardus a rolling-release distro? By that I mean to ask if it is an install-once and just keep updating with Pisi kind of affair as opposed to reinstalling with the installation CD each time a new version is released.

Thanks,

B.
Kavani
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 03:04:31 AM »

As long as your repositories are up to date, it'll roll right into the next distro.  As far as a new version, nothing official, but we're all hoping to beta test some more.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:53:00 AM »

We don't know when the new release coming, but don't worry, if you install 200.7 and update your system, you will get the newest distro Smiley 2007.3 will consist of up-to-date packages, nothing more as all distros do Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: