Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:42:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Howto blacklist a module?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howto blacklist a module?  (Read 1064 times)
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2007, 17:49:04 PM »

Hello bros,

In order to make my wireless work I have to blacklist ath_pci module. And instead of this module I have to load ndiswrapper. My question is I don't know how to add a module in a black list. I coudn't find blacklist under /etc/modules.d/blacklist . Where is it? How can I do that?

regards
H.E.

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
highenergy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:20:57 AM »

Hello,

Still no reply? Never mind. I found solution myself. I'll tell you how I did that. When you type lsmod you can see kernel modules loaded at that time into the memory. I see ath_pci and ath_hal in the output of lsmod which are responsible to make my wireless card working. I want to block these modules because they aren't supporting my wifi card. In order to do that first open up a console, become root and then type following.

Code:
kwrite /etc/hotplug/blacklist

Add the modules you want to block each one on one line. In my case they were ath_pci and ath_hal. Restart your system and look back again to the output of lsmod. You won't see them again  Grin

regards
H.E.

Acer Aspire 5520G-402G16, AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9GHz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M G 128MB
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: