Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 09:10:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Wireless internet
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wireless internet  (Read 1421 times)
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:36:39 AM »

Hello,

I have a little problem with my wireless internet connection.(Ralink 2500 USB)
It works good just untill I try to download something with Azureus(or any other torrent client) sometimes it is after a few minutes ,sometimes it is more then a hour that my connection stay active,the only thing I can do is shutdown and restart my computer because he don't find my router!
Have anyone the same problem and had a solution for this?

Willy
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 15:59:03 PM »

I've a ipw2200 wireless card connecting to a US Robotics wireless ADSL modem. A very same thing happens to me rarely. When that happens, I can't connect to Internet even if I close and reconnect using network-manager. I just disable and enable wireless using the fn button on the laptop and it connects properly again.
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 16:23:24 PM »

Maybe a bug Huh?
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 18:09:52 PM »

Maybe a bug Huh?
Yep, seems like a bug but I can't reproduce it frequently enough to prepare a good report. Anyway, I just press a button two times to get over it. Maybe it's not exactly the same as yours.
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 18:30:44 PM »

I use a ADSL route Speedtouch 413514 and my networkcard is a E-Tech USB WLAN(Ralink2500 I think) and when it happens I go to the Networkmanager  and let it scan ,he don't find my router ...he find nothing,because I live in a appartment and normally he find several routers...and the only thing I can do is restart my computer.

jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 02:00:08 AM »

I use a ADSL route Speedtouch 413514 and my networkcard is a E-Tech USB WLAN(Ralink2500 I think) and when it happens I go to the Networkmanager  and let it scan ,he don't find my router ...he find nothing,because I live in a appartment and normally he find several routers...and the only thing I can do is restart my computer.
Hmm, it looks like ralink drivers are buggy. I'd try ndiswrapper in that case:
* uninstall ralink drivers from package-manager
* install your usb stick's windows drivers using ndsiwrapper: http://en.pardus-wiki.org/Using_Windows_wireless_card_drivers

You should use modprobe -r modulename command as root to unload your current drivers or just restart the system after uninstalling the drivers from package manager. (lsmod command lists currently used drivers and that helps you get the modulename in that case)
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:23:07 AM »

Thank you I'm gonna try this one of this days

Many greetings
Willy
willy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »

I've tryed it yesterday with ndiswrapper ,but I have the same problem,after a time no connection !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: