Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 01:03:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  (solved) compiz fusion is not doing anything
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (solved) compiz fusion is not doing anything  (Read 2336 times)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 18:38:41 PM »

I have installed all the compiz packages, and when i  click on fusion icon nothing is happen, also when i click on compiz fusion start, nothing is happen.
after adding contrib to repository the beryl is also not found.
How to get that thing to work?  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 22:07:31 PM by ilanesh » Logged
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 19:08:12 PM »

This problem has been fixed today, could you try to update the packages in contrib repository tomorrow?
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 19:10:33 PM »

Hi Eren, oh thank you, so I will wait till tomorrow and then update all the compiz packages?
 Smiley
Night
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 19:47:31 PM »

well i could still start compiz without the fusion-icon.
by command compiz-manager

and it worked fine..   just the compiz-fusion-icon couldnt be started after the Qt4 patch.

ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 09:31:47 AM »

Hi Eren, i have upgradet the fusion icon, and it shows up now, but I still don`t get the 3d working, and when I tried from the termianl with "conpiz-manager" I got this;

* snapshot3.jpg (172.91 KB, 1280x768 - viewed 119 times.)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »

I also tried:
compiz start
this is what i got

* snapshot4.jpg (162.52 KB, 1280x768 - viewed 90 times.)
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »

It says "no composite extension found" and that means your xorg isn't configured correctly. http://en.pardus-wiki.org/HOWTO:Compiz_Fusion
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 16:52:29 PM »

i don`t no why I don`t get it to work and some others get it to work, I have no xgl, and cant find xgl in the repo, so it will not work without xgl.
I have intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, so it should work automatic, how can i get installed Beryl and xgl, beryl is much more easier then compiz.
am afraid I massed up my installation now.
I know with pclinuxos andwith mepis it is all preinstalled and works out of the box, no need to fiddle around. Is it possible to get this native installed on the install cd?
Help. Huh?
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 18:05:46 PM »

I have intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, so it should work automatic
No, it doesn't work automaticly. Read the above link carefully, you don't need to install device drivers on intel but you still need to change your xorg.conf file:
Quote from: wiki
Intel users should edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf configuration file by hand:
 Press alt+f2 keys and type kdesu kwrite /etc/X11/xorg.conf to start editing.
 Find the line # Option "Composite" "enable" and remove the # character in front of this line.
 Find section "Device" and add this line under that section: Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
 Save the file and quit (you may want to save a backup for the old version of this file since that may cause a blank screen when wrongly done)
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 19:57:47 PM »

Hi jnmbk, it is alittle difficult for me to understand where exactly to put this line?

i have two sechtion Device, screen 0 and screen 1. screen one has no driver, and screen 0 has Intel driver.

now there is no place to put the line, here it is like it looks, am just afraid i mass up everything, and i also don`t no how to do a backup, so better I ask befor I do something.

Section "Device"
    Screen 0
    Identifier "VideoCard0"
    Driver     "intel"
    VendorName "Intel Corporation"
    BoardName  "Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
    # BusID      "PCI:0:2:1"
EndSection

thank you for your kindness and patience, but i need a dummy help.
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 01:47:29 AM »

Change it for all sect,on device occourances. It should be like that after the change:

Section "Device"
    Screen 0
    Identifier "VideoCard0"
    Driver     "intel"
    VendorName "Intel Corporation"
    BoardName  "Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
    # BusID      "PCI:0:2:1"
    Option     "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
EndSection

After the change press ctrl+alt+backspace to restart graphics screen.

Btw, you can always fix it when you mess it up, so don't be afraid Wink. If you face with a black screen with nothing, press ctrl+alt+f1 (that will bring you a fullscreen console) and login as root, then enter zorg -p command (that fixes your xorg.conf file). Then enter service kdebase restart two times to start kde again.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 21:15:15 PM »

jnmbk, thank you so much for your kindness, now i see how to do this, but now i have to add again the repository and install it again, or do i have   to make the  change befor install the compiz? Waht was happen is that i reinstalled yesterday night the whole distro cause i could not fix a brower problem if i would wait till today i would not have at all to do the reinstall, and today it took almost all day only to do the update, it was so slw. Now i have to find the wiki again lol.
ilanesh
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 22:10:23 PM »

jnmbk, wow, how beautiful, I got it to work.
Thank you for your help.  Smiley
I have 3d on Pardus Linux. only thing why I have now 16
 virtual desktops anstead 4?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: