Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:38:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  package manager not working anymore!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: package manager not working anymore!  (Read 741 times)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

Since I updated the package-manager package, it does not work any longer. It starts, but then it does not show anything (=no lists, neither "installed software" nor "new" nor "updates"). It just says that it is loading the lists but nothing happens!

I can still install programs with the pisi command, but package-manager is much more comfortable, so I want it back! Does anyone know the problem?

A workaround would be to downgrade to 1.3.7-46-14 again but I don't have this pisi package anymore and cannot find it in the repos. If no-one knows how to solve this, could someone at least help me by giving me the 1.3.7-46-14 .pisi package for package-manager (rapidshare upload perhaps) or telling me where to find it?

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 09:14:42 AM »

Code:
sudo pisi up
in the Konsole seems to be the workaround

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
frisil
Pardus fellow craft

Linux rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »

Code:
sudo pisi up
in the Konsole seems to be the workaround

Yupp! That was all Pardus needed to break completely. I got a strange dbus error while upgrading and it crashed about half way into the upgrade. Since then, nothing works anymore, system hangs with dbus errors while booting and I cannot reach the network. Re-install inevitable...

The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. (Lovecraft)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: