Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:32:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Wi-Fi hardware...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wi-Fi hardware...  (Read 910 times)
ECD

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2007, 12:06:25 PM »

Hi,
Just read a couple of, very deserved, reviews concerning Pardus. The links are at the main Pardus site. The person mentions a couple of wi-fi receivers he tried it all out on, with success. I'd like to add the ones I've tried (hopefully it may help the wi-fi team). I have a Buffalo Wireless-G 125 PCI card (Broadcom chip). This got picked up during installation and after just typing the WPA in, it all worked beautifully.

This is THE first time with any Linux I've tried, that the wi-fi connection actually worked 'out-of'the-box' so, REALLY well done on that score. I also have a Zoom USB stick. I did try that with a default install, unfortunately this didn't get picked up. And rather than loose even more hair trying to install/configure, I put it quietly away in a drawer  Cheesy

I've been using Pardus for a couple of weeks now and, it just works! Totally trouble free and very stable, I still use W*****s for some other stuff I do, but for me, Pardus is and will continue for the future, be my OS of choice.

All the best for the coming holiday season and best wishes for the New Year to all.

Pete (UK).

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: