Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:06:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Sb live! EMU10K1 not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sb live! EMU10K1 not working  (Read 1121 times)
CaptainCookie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2007, 16:19:11 PM »

Hi,

I have problems with my sound card, see topic title. When I boot in Pardus, I get the famous 'can't find /dev/dsp (file not found), sound server will continue using the null output' error. When I use alsaconf, I can select the sb live card, then it writes something to the modeprobe.conf file, but after that I still get the sound error (and no sound).

anyone has an idea?

Sander

CaptainCookie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 17:10:26 PM »

nvm, It's working now (don't ask me why  Grin, maybe the alsa-update)

However, the sound is really 'crappy'.  The bass sounds like shredded paper, and that is not how the card sounded before. Does anyone had an idea to fix this?

CaptainCookie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 17:22:27 PM »

Hmm, the crappy sound was made by the audio-player (amaroK or Kaffeine), only if the volume there was 100%, dunno why. If I put the volume to 55%, and the Kmix volume a bit higher, the sound sounds fine, so no more problems Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: