Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:46:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Installer bug? Can only install Pardus in Turkish
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installer bug? Can only install Pardus in Turkish  (Read 1727 times)
cuartetero

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2007, 03:24:26 AM »

Hello,

sorry for my bad english. I wanted to install Pardus in Spanish and selected this language in the installer dialog. After install I rebooted the system but it had been installed in Turkish. I tried installing again, this time in English, but it didn't work - language was Turkish too.

In a German Linux forum (ubuntuusers.de) people told me that there were many people having the same problem with German and that this was a bug of the installer of Pardus 2007.3 Lynx (the version I installed).

Is there a way to change the system language to Spanish or English? I have set the KDE language in Tasma to Spanish, but this applies only to a few applications, above all, Firefox, Konqueror and the Terminal (particularly annoying) continue in Turkish.

This seems to be a nice distribution, and I hope there is a way to resolve this...

Thank you!
cuartetero
trixon
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »

I can confirm this. I installed the English version. But I got turkish version.
After disabling auto login, I could not log in, since I dont know the turkish keyboard layout.
Willem
M.D.
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 11:26:47 AM »

Could you please enter this bug at http://bugs.pardus.org.tr
(Lots of Turkish, so if you don't know what it says just choose something.)

If this realy is a bug, we should get rid of it before Pardus 2008 !!

For freedom...
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 19:26:25 PM »

You can fix it using the Boot Manager in TASMA. Change mudur:language=tr to whatever language code you want.

* boot_manager.png (30 KB, 658x431 - viewed 45 times.)
cuartetero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 01:52:09 AM »

Thank you.

Now, I'm not familiar with Bugzilla and don't speak any Turkish. How can I register there for login? Or can someone write the bug report for me? That would be great.

greetings, cuartetero
Kavani
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 01:46:43 AM »

This might help with the keyboard.  As far as bugzilla, go here.  The site is in English and is easy enough to navigate.  I will try to post the bug in a few.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: