Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:40:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Pardus version of LAMP.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus version of LAMP.  (Read 910 times)
windease

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 17:46:17 PM »

Back in November I posted a query about a problem I have with the PHP package available in Pardus. This post has been read many times but no one has offered any opinion or suggestion.

I can readily accept that the query is somewhat pedantic but it is very real and important to me.   

Pardus is delight to install and run, easy to update and I like it very much but I cannot use the built in Apache, PHP, Mysql web server package.  The problem remains and as far as I can see will remain until the Pardus PHP package is recompiled and made available as an upgrade.

The issue is simply that I am committed to the use of a CMS package called Silverstripe for website design. This package requires that the ctype function in PHP is enabled.  However in the Pardus version of PHP ctype is disabled.  This must have occurred when PHP was compiled by the Pardus software engineers because ctype is enabled by default in all modern versions of PHP.

How can we get this situation corrected.  I optimistically hope that these posts are read by the Pardus developers and that this kind of irritating problem is resolved as quickly as possible.  I may easily be the only one who suffers from the problem but I would like it corrected as soon as possible.  OK I could always remove Apache, PHP and Mysql from Pardus and replace them with a LAMP package from elsewhere - e.g Xampp.  But this is I firmly believe against the spirit of the very fine Pardus Linux Package.

Lets hope that the new year will produce some favorable reaction to this simple problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: