Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:01:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Getting a "can't find storage device" error in Pardus installation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting a "can't find storage device" error in Pardus installation  (Read 1508 times)
cablefreak
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »

I keep getting an error in my installation without fail.... it is a gui failure that pradus can't find a storage device. error message is in the jpg file attached to this message.

Please help if you can.

I should mention that this is a clean install, no operating system has been on the HD before (160Gb SATA).

I tested a WinXP Pro CD just to see if it would recognize the HD in it's installation, which it did (I did not partition the HD; i just wanted to see if WinXP could recognize the HD as I am assuming this is the issue with the Pardus 2007.3 install error as seen in the jpg below.)

After confirming md5sum with my download, i burned the .iso file (twice, one at 20x and the other at 8x [40x is my max]), so a bad download doesn't seem to be the issue.

* Pardus.jpg (150.39 KB, 720x573 - viewed 57 times.)

* Pardus.jpg (150.39 KB, 720x573 - viewed 53 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 15:32:50 PM by cablefreak » Logged
roverrat
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 15:59:06 PM »

Hi there, cablefreak

Yali, the Pardus installer, seems to have a problem recognizing your hard disk.
I would report this as a bug in the forum. Maybe one of the developers can help?

cure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:19:35 PM »

I have the same issue  Angry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: