Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 13:09:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  woot! 465th user - hi from turkey
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: woot! 465th user - hi from turkey  (Read 939 times)
radiognome
« on: December 30, 2007, 13:51:29 PM »

hello all,

i first started using linux (it was slackware 2.9 or 3.1, something like that) when i was like 14 years (thats 10 years ago). it was fun to compile kernel, and install kde from source then.

but because i was using a shared computer at home and I wasn't really a linux enthusiast, i stopped using linux a long time ago.

so, yesterday at around 4 am-ish i wanted to give pardus a try, because i recently bought a new super duper laptop (well, sort of).

had the 'yali/install screen wont show up' problem but then i solved it by checking the replies on this forum. and i'm installing pardus at the moment.

one question tho. as far as i remember, the swap partition was HIGHLY recommended. now i see that it says optional. i got 2 gigs of ram and still reserved 1gigs for swap. but not sure if i did the right thing.

yeah, anyway. thanks pardus developers for the awesome work, and hi to everyone.

85%.. almost done Smiley
jnmbk
Pardus Developer
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 14:59:15 PM »

Hi,

Swap partition is also used when suspending to disk. So maybe you'll need more swap when you want to suspend to disk. That's why I've 512 MB ram and 1GB swap partition.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: